Yeast Pitch App

Mase

Trial Member
Reaction score
Currently, the “Yeast Pitch” App has predetermined yeast “Cells Available” that are dependent on whether you select, Liquid Pack, Dry Pack or Slurry. As I use Liquid Packs of Wyeast, the predetermined “Cells Available” of 100 Billion cells is correct. But some of the new “Liquid Yeasts”, like Omega state that they have 150 Billion Cells per packet. Is it possible to update the app to allow for the different manufacturers and their respective variability in base amount of Cells?

Currently, the “Yeast Pitch” App has predetermined yeast “Cells Available” that are dependent on whether you select, Liquid Pack, Dry Pack or Slurry. As I use Liquid Packs of Wyeast, the predetermined “Cells Available” of 100 Billion cells is correct. But some of the new “Liquid Yeasts”, like Omega state that they have 150 Billion Cells per packet. Is it possible to update the app to allow for the different manufacturers and their respective variability in base amount of Cells?
But you enter the amount of packets right? 1 packet = 100 billion.... so, 1.5 packets = 150 billions :)

Yes, that is something to work on for sure.

Awesome.... I must have been having a “senior” moment, and OK gave me a quick fix!

Them senior moments get more frequent as you age. Weighing the positive vs. the negative aspects of them is the hard part :)

Back