Wish List for 4th of July Party

J A

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I want to have plenty of homebrew on hand for our annual 4th of July party and can probably get at least 5 brew days between now and then. I'll definitely have my House Pale and Cream Ale and my Belgian Pale because those are easy-drinking styles and represent a pretty diverse range of choices. I can run at least 5 taps and have managed as many as 7. I wouldn't doubt that we'd go through 6 or 7 kegs.
What are some suggestions for other styles I could think about?
What would your party be incomplete without?

We're doing a Kentucky Derby party next week. Our lineup is Kentucky Common, my Mexican Dunkel, a Pale Ale with Noble Hops, an Apricot Blonde and a Mead. Plus whatever grape juice my wife has fermented. Plus whatever odds and ends are gumming up the works in the basement. But we bottle: Tap availability is not an issue for us.

Hefewiezen is good in the summer. You could do a Vienna lager, if you do lagers. Esb or amber ale could be good easy drinkers too depending on your recipe.

That sounds pretty great,Nosy! ...I definitely thought about a Wit or American wheat with Apricot or something. Or maybe a Honey-Lemon wheat with Lemon Drop hops. And I might put together a Vienna Lager. Everybody drinks Mexican beer around here.
Esb or amber ale could be good easy drinkers too depending on your recipe.
I have a recipe for an Ordinary Bitter that I haven't done in a while. It's a winner but it might be a little too much like my Belgian Pale. I'm overdue for an Amber...I might brew a good one and keep it for myself. :)

Im preparing for our annual 4th of July cook off competition, I'm brewing an neipa, my Landschaft Helles, an American Lager, and wine cooler that i have been working on for awhile now, and per my wife, and family and friends, I have got it dialed in.

We have approximately 120 to 170 people show up every year, this year we have 12 cooks competing, we have 3 basic categories brisket, pork butt, and ribs, then there is always a mystery meat they throw into the mix to challenge the cooks. It's never a bad time, big pool, 17 acres so plenty of room for campers and tents, which we often have several of during this event. It's not a pro circuit event, just a bragging rights back yard bar b q.

^^^Nice!
Our party doesn't get as big as that - 80 to maybe 100 - but I'm the only cook. I'll smoke off 2 or 3 briskets and a pork shoulder or two plus 4 or 5 chickens. I keep it pretty simple and just do up the meat, beans and fixins and folks bring side dishes, desserts, etc. If I've got 5 taps running and a couple of backup kegs, I'll feel good about it. :)
PS...every year at the end of the evening (and after a full-on 12+ hour shift) I tell my wife I'm getting too old for this shit. :D :D

That sounds pretty great,Nosy! ...I definitely thought about a Wit or American wheat with Apricot or something. Or maybe a Honey-Lemon wheat with Lemon Drop hops. And I might put together a Vienna Lager. Everybody drinks Mexican beer around here.

I have a recipe for an Ordinary Bitter that I haven't done in a while. It's a winner but it might be a little too much like my Belgian Pale. I'm overdue for an Amber...I might brew a good one and keep it for myself. :)
I have an apricot blonde recipe I can share if you need it; otherwise, just do a rather low hop blonde and add apricot flavoring to it at packaging to taste. Actual fermented apricot adds a lot of tartness.

Reactions: J A
Just another Wednesday here so most likely ill be out of bed at 4 am , head to work and come home for a beer .
Middle of winter by then so ill attempt to hibernate

Reactions: J A
^^^ Looks pretty perfect...Might throw in some Wheat and use Honey Malt in place of the Crystal. Thanks! :)

^^^ Looks pretty perfect...Might throw in some Wheat and use Honey Malt in place of the Crystal. Thanks! :)
Thank you, Sir! It does make a tasty brew, if you want tart and tasty, use the puree.

Back