Brain Fart

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
Well, I've been doing batch sparge with a brew bag in the MLT for a few batches now and it's working great. Just doughed in and hit mash temp. spot on, then realized that I hadn't put the brew bag in. Just a street elbow turned toward the bottom and no filter at all. $hit! Maybe tomorrow I'll go down to the used brain lot and see if they have anything with some good sense left in it:)

Got the brew bag in the kettle already so I don't forget it again. When mash is done guess I'll just dump the MLT into the kettle and do a pour over with the sparge water and expect to lose a few points. It'll still be beer.

it happens... FWIW, for the longest time i never put the bag in the tun. I just poured it all out into a bottling bucket that had the bag. I was afraid i'd have to apply heat during the mash and didn't want to scorch the bag

I once bottled a batch of a Pliny clone and didn't realize there wasn't any priming sugar until the last cap was fastened. what a PITA that was to uncap, dump, and re-bottle

Despite the brain fart, I hit my OG dead nuts and volume was a pint or so over. Anybody wanna cut high card for a beer? It seems that every time I screw up during the brewing process I come out smelling like a rose. Most of the time you couldn't replicate the product of your screw up if your life depended on it, but this time I can.

for me any time I have a throw it all in beer thats not recorded it turns out the bast beer of the year but it cant be repeated for lack of memory by my part and mistakes are the same, we live and learn ;)

for me any time I have a throw it all in beer thats not recorded it turns out the bast beer of the year but it cant be repeated for lack of memory by my part and mistakes are the same, we live and learn ;)

My point. A couple of the best beers I've ever brewed were the result of screw ups and there's no way to rebrew them.

Back