MI - Back in the saddle!

craigtone

Trial Member
Reaction score
I started brewing in 1998. Went through the progression into kegging, beer fridge with 3 taps on the door, etc. Got out of it after I had to move cross country. I was holding out for a DIY all-grain system before jumping back in but kept procrastinating. I went to a buddies house a month back and he was doing an extract brew and the smells, the fun, the cheap equipment ... I couldn't take it anymore! I went to the local homebrew shop and got some equipment and ingredients and brewed my famous Oatmeal Creme Stout recipe! It is sitting in primary now going to secondary today yet.

I didn't mess around and went straight to kegs this time around. Next on the list is a Robobrew once I do a little more research on them but one helluva system for that kind of money!

Attachments

• IMG_8592s.jpeg
    IMG_8592s.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 142
I started brewing in 1998. Went through the progression into kegging, beer fridge with 3 taps on the door, etc. Got out of it after I had to move cross country. I was holding out for a DIY all-grain system before jumping back in but kept procrastinating. I went to a buddies house a month back and he was doing an extract brew and the smells, the fun, the cheap equipment ... I couldn't take it anymore! I went to the local homebrew shop and got some equipment and ingredients and brewed my famous Oatmeal Creme Stout recipe! It is sitting in primary now going to secondary today yet.

I didn't mess around and went straight to kegs this time around. Next on the list is a Robobrew once I do a little more research on them but one helluva system for that kind of money!
a fellow frequent poster here @jeffpn has a robo brew system im sure hes more than happy to help you make your decision weather to buy:).

good onya for getting back in the saddle! im pretty green to the scean 5 years brewing 2 all grain. look forward to hearing more from you and about this famous oatmeal cream stout! cheers

I have a Mash & Boil.

Welcome craigtone. How is that stout turning out?
Well the first batch was a disaster! I made a rookie mistake and forgot to boil the lactose in water to dissolve it before adding to the keg. DOH! Also, the local homebrew shop did not make a good suggestion for Bullion hops that the recipe called for. He recommended Columbus and Northern Brewer. One has twice the alpha acid content! Next time I'm going to use Brewer's Gold instead and remember to boil the lactose to dissolve it before adding it! :cool:

Welcome both to this amazing site, and back to brewing.

Back