Info Bar for Actual Measurements

Reaction score
I'm wondering if its possible to get an info bar for actual measurements based on brew logs in brew sessions view. That view is really nice and it would be great to see that instead of the recipe estimates.
ADD INFO BAR FOR ACTUALS ON BREW SESSIONS.JPG

I wonder if it would be nice on the right, in another column corresponding to the stats there. Then you could compare at a glance. Is that something that seems logical?

I was thinking either of the 2 places I messily outlined in blue. The red being the information and format, but pulling the information from the brew logs instead of the recipe.
I think right under the recipe based one would be really convenient to be able to compare actuals to estimates.

Also, here you can see the brew day the proved to me, once and for all, that Murphy's Law is real. :)

ADD INFO BAR FOR ACTUALS ON BREW SESSIONS2.JPG

i dont get it a brew bar weve already got one not that i click it along most the time.

you want to move existing one into the brew log column? whats wrong with where its at?

if it aint broke dont fix it!

Yooper. I like your idea.
Anything that makes the recipe longer sometimes makes it print out 2 pages if you choose to print. I like the idea of easily comparing so vote side by side.

Anything that makes the recipe longer sometimes makes it print out 2 pages if you choose to print. I like the idea of easily comparing so vote side by side.

Hmmm, that's a good point as well. @Companion Brewing Company , do you think that the side by side would be as good for your needs?

Most everything is going to take up some real estate somewhere. My recipes already run over into two pages, particularly after I've brewed a recipe a few times and have a few notes built up. I still like the idea of putting the actuals under the calculations, maybe halving the size of the area used for each row. Other hand, another column has room for at least six rows and no more real estate used (that area is currently white space). It's not a feature I'm particularly interested in, just an interesting design problem.

Forgot to mention, I have a duplex printer so two pages isn't an issue - I'm still just using one sheet and a bit more ink.

The actuals directly under the predicted would be more easily comparable I would say as they would be one under the other but there is a empty space side by side and it only needs to include actual OG - FG - ABV.

Edit : I suppose the actual pre-boil gravity could be included so it wouldn't have an entry to be compared to in the bar.

Last edited:
Just wanted to put in a vote for this idea. I'd be happy with any format, but would love to see estimated vs actual numbers coexisting. Hope this gets implemented. Cheers!

Back