Recipe Editor Rendering Bug?

AndrewS

Premium Member
Reaction score
The autocomplete for hops in the recipe editor appear to have some kind of performance bug.

When you select (with tab or mouse) an item that has been autocompleted in the hops editor, there is a little pause as the text field is filled and the AA field is updated. But that pause gets longer and longer the more times you interact with any of the Hop text fields.

Say I make a recipe with 8 hop entries. First one autocompletes just fine. Next one, noticable pause. Next one annoying pause. Next one, painful pause. It does not take too many interactions before trying to autocomplete a field takes 10-15+ seconds. The whole time, the item shows as selected in the drop down, the drop down is just hanging out there and the rest of the page is non-interactive.

I profiled it in chrome - it keeps firing cliick .ui-menu-item over and over and over. Each of those triggers a call to lookupHopsAA that takes longer and longer to run each time it is triggered (41ms up to 433ms)

It looks like there is both some rendering trigger loop that it gets stuck in and that maybe something is not getting cleared out between updates and it has to chug through a bunch of duplicate items.

Hmmm, I just tried it and it seems to work instantly for me (using chrome).

I can notice that too from time to time, rather intermittently...some time less lag and sometimes more, several seconds.

I can notice that too from time to time, rather intermittently...some time less lag and sometimes more, several seconds.
ah yeah thats yooper when she hasnt had enough coffee behind the sceans trying to type in the hop specks first thing in the morning is better:p.

Hmmm, I just tried it and it seems to work instantly for me (using chrome).
How many times did you interact with one of the Hop drop downs?

It doesn't become noticeable until you have interacted with a couple of the drop downs. Then it becomes painful fast.

I get the same issue in chrome & edge, so it isn't browser specific.

The autocomplete for hops in the recipe editor appear to have some kind of performance bug.

When you select (with tab or mouse) an item that has been autocompleted in the hops editor, there is a little pause as the text field is filled and the AA field is updated. But that pause gets longer and longer the more times you interact with any of the Hop text fields.

Say I make a recipe with 8 hop entries. First one autocompletes just fine. Next one, noticable pause. Next one annoying pause. Next one, painful pause. It does not take too many interactions before trying to autocomplete a field takes 10-15+ seconds. The whole time, the item shows as selected in the drop down, the drop down is just hanging out there and the rest of the page is non-interactive.

I profiled it in chrome - it keeps firing cliick .ui-menu-item over and over and over. Each of those triggers a call to lookupHopsAA that takes longer and longer to run each time it is triggered (41ms up to 433ms)

It looks like there is both some rendering trigger loop that it gets stuck in and that maybe something is not getting cleared out between updates and it has to chug through a bunch of duplicate items.

I have gone over and over this in chrome- I just did a recipe with 10 different hop additions and it did not stall a bit. It was super fast, actually.

I cannot recreate this at all.

Can you tell me which recipe(s) it is hanging up in, and when this occurs? Any screenshots?

The way I can reproduce it...a recipe contains the following
xxx.png

Start at the first hop, type the name again, when it shows the autocomplete, press enter
Tab to next hop, do the same
etc
After a few changes every "enter" after choosing the hop will take longer and longer to respond

It happens for me quite often and it is almost all the time.

Back