Recipe Edit Problem

wobdee

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Just went into my Marzen recipe to change a few things and as soon as I hit the edit button my specific gravity jumped up ten points without even editing the fermentables or anything else. In order to get it back to my original gravity I have to lower the efficiency drastically. This happening to anyone else?

Same thing happened to another recipe, guess I'm done editing until I get this figured out.

I will take a look. All you did was click the "edit" button? No equipment/volume/etc changes in your profile?

Yup, just hit the edit. It did the same thing to another recipe but I backed out before it became permanent

Yup, just hit the edit. It did the same thing to another recipe but I backed out before it became permanent

Hmmm, this is strange because it doesn't do it for me and I cannot recreate it.

The developer suggested that it could be possible that an inventory ingredient statistic was changed. For example, you have "Best Pilsner" in there, and that corresponds to a custom ingredient in your inventory. That ingredient was updated on 4/10/18. IF the ppg was changed, it would impact the recipe that the ingredient is in.

Does that make sense? Could that be the issue?

I did update my inventory, I'll have to check and see if that's it

Its fixed now. I guess when I entered Best Pils to my inventory I didn't check the "must be mashed" box or enter the diastic power so it must of thrown something off. Thanks for the help Yooper.

Back