Keezer fan

Do you use a keezer/kegerator fan?

• Total voters

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Do you have one? I have a 6 pack of beer sitting on top of my kegs. My collar is about 7” tall. The kegs are cold, but the 6 packs are warm. I looked up a fan, and saw a question with an answer that made me think. The answer recommended not running any fan ever 24/7. Since I use a 2 stage temperature controller, I could plug the fan into the heat side of the controller. I think that would have the fan running at the wrong part of the cycle, though. I’d have to double up my plug to run it on the cold side. The freezer is plugged into that outlet. Or I could just run the fan all the time. What would you do?

I don't have one but often thought I should, my keezer has holes and sometimes the lid doesn't stay sealed, it doesn't stay on very much though and i keep it at 34f so I've never paid too much attention, you may be onto something though

I keep mine at 34 as well, controlled by a 1/2 gallon water jug at the bottom of the keezer. The top of the keezer is considerably warmer. Here’s the fan I just bought.

AC Infinity AXIAL 1225, Quiet Muffin Fan, 115V 120V AC 120mm x 25mm Low Speed, for DIY Cooling Ventilation Exhaust Projects https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OWVUJ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hoxZAbC9VCMC2

I think I have one similar in my fermentation chamber, its a good fan, mine is twice as loud, you can hear it outside the room, that one should be fine

Honestly, the longer I have a converted freezer, the more I dislike them

Honestly, the longer I have a converted freezer, the more I dislike them
I like the footprint of my freezer. I have 8 kegs in it. You’d have to build a walk in to have that in a fridge.

And I'm a vegetarian, so I don't need them for meat!
Plant Based Diet, but that's for another thread!

I have never bought into the put the sensor into a jug of water. If you are opening it all the time sure ok but if not hang the probe halfway deep in the keez and forget about it. Yes it could cause the keezer to have shorter run times but if you don't open it all the time how can it be different than at sub zero freezing temps? Its the temp swing setting that causes short run times.

I have never bought into the put the sensor into a jug of water. If you are opening it all the time sure ok but if not hang the probe halfway deep in the keez and forget about it. Yes it could cause the keezer to have shorter run times but if you don't open it all the time how can it be different than at sub zero freezing temps? Its the temp swing setting that causes short run times.
And ya the keezers are a pita to get the kegs in and out of. Been looking at a wench and trolly system from fermentation to cold crash to keg. Could be fun to build;).

I believe your premise is right. But I went with the jug anyway. It was free. ;)

Hawkbox, you said you use a fan? Any tips on placement, powering/cycling?

the keg king keezer comes with a built in fan . it makes sense that of course the warm air is at the top hot air rises...

just wire it in to your cold side me thinks that way its on when your cooling. you dont want to cirulate on hot right;).

now i gotta get one of these for my ferm chamber.

I wouldn't run a "keezer" without a fan. I used an old 12 volt computer fan mounted on a 90 degree bracket. I used a magnet from the same said computer to hold the fan/bracket to the side of the wall of the keezer toward the top. I angle the fan at @ a 30 degree angle and circulate the air across the temp sensor, it runs constantly. It works like a million bucks and cost me nothing. I keep my temp at 33F and the temp in the keezer is always uniform.

the keg king keezer comes with a built in fan . it makes sense that of course the warm air is at the top hot air rises...

just wire it in to your cold side me thinks that way its on when your cooling. you dont want to cirulate on hot right;).

now i gotta get one of these for my ferm chamber.

Been looking at that Keg King. Me likey!

Back