Dry hopping with Fermentasaurus

APC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody had success with dry hopping in a closed system with the Fermentasaurus?
Doing my first batch with this system. I normally use leaf hops but switched to pellets thinking they would not get stuck in the butterfly valve. wrong!
Fermenting under pressure, all going well. Dumped the first lot of yeast (didn’t want to save it at this stage). Cleaned the bottle. Sanitized it, added hop pellets and purged with co2. Instead of the pellets going into the FV they just stuck in the bottle. Depressurised the FV a couple of times just to agitate things but with only minor success.
Any ideas anyone please?
Thinking of just doing late additions and flame out in future. Any comments over dry hopping?
Cheers

Anybody had success with dry hopping in a closed system with the Fermentasaurus?
Doing my first batch with this system. I normally use leaf hops but switched to pellets thinking they would not get stuck in the butterfly valve. wrong!
Fermenting under pressure, all going well. Dumped the first lot of yeast (didn’t want to save it at this stage). Cleaned the bottle. Sanitized it, added hop pellets and purged with co2. Instead of the pellets going into the FV they just stuck in the bottle. Depressurised the FV a couple of times just to agitate things but with only minor success.
Any ideas anyone please?
Thinking of just doing late additions and flame out in future. Any comments over dry hopping?
Cheers
ive checked out some videos with this im sure if you just leabe the butterfly valve open they will float up to the top.

if all else fails open lid and pitch em in.

ive checked out some videos with this im sure if you just leabe the butterfly valve open they will float up to the top.

if all else fails open lid and pitch em in.
Considered going in through the lid but trying to keep it a closed system.

Back