Yeast floaties

Aub

Premium Member
Reaction score
My Sierra Nevada Clone has been in the fermenter for 14 days OG 1.058 FG 1.010 for past 3 days, I dry hopped today and noticed there is still a thin layer of yeast floating on top of the wort......is this normal? The sample I took was actually very clear and tasted good. Will that stuff drop down if I lower the temp to 10-7 C after I dry hop for a couple of days or does it just need more time? I used White labs WLP090 San Diego Super Yeast.

Last edited:
This is definitely a RDWHAHB situation. Sit back with a homebrew and wait for them to drop. If they don't drop and you run out of homebrew, bottle.... :) They shouldn't be a problem.

This is definitely a RDWHAHB situation. Sit back with a homebrew and wait for them to drop. If they don't drop and you run out of homebrew, bottle.... :) They shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for that, I'm just a bit toey as it's my first all grain brew. I'll let you know how it turns out.

you must have had a slow fermentation, you should have dry hopped at day 10 but wait and see hope it works out

It's going to add a few days to your process but it shouldn't hurt anything.

Back