Who's going to Homebrew Con in Portland this June?

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I love going to the yearly conference, and I'm excited because this year it's in Portland, OR. I've never been there, so I'm really looking forward to visiting. I'll be there a week, to see some of the city and a bit of the coast, before and after the conference.

Who is going, and would like to meet up for a beer?

I'd really love to. Every year lol, but we've got a few more years till we're empty nesters and then travel to actually do what we want to do will be much easier! I'm not complaining about any of it and cherish the time, but seems most travel these days is checking out schools, moving to and back from school, or visiting aging relatives.

I'd love to but I'm not organized enough this year. If I can get my shit together and figure out my options next year I might be able to make it happen. I'll probably ride my motorbike down for it just for the fun of it.

If our homebrew club goes as a group, I may.... Might even bring some of that Ky. Common, if there's any left....

I’d love to but it’s too rich for my blood when flights are involved. Will have to wait for another Midwest location before I go again.

Just realized uk brewer you are in west Dundee im in Barrington, Hello neighbor!

I'd love to but I'm not organized enough this year. If I can get my shit together and figure out my options next year I might be able to make it happen. I'll probably ride my motorbike down for it just for the fun of it.

I haven't heard any rumors about where it will be next year, but it should be on the East Coast if history is repeated. It has tended to go East Coast/Midwest/West Coast, but not always.

Then it may take longer to get organized.

It's definitely on the East Coast next year, I heard yesterday. But no further details. :)

This year, I'm speaking about fermented foods and kombucha. It's called Ferment THIS! and will give an overview of fermented foods like cheese, sauerkraut, pickles, hot sauce, kimchee, and of course kombucha, and how to avoid cross-contamination in the brewery.

It's definitely on the East Coast next year, I heard yesterday. But no further details. :)

This year, I'm speaking about fermented foods and kombucha. It's called Ferment THIS! and will give an overview of fermented foods like cheese, sauerkraut, pickles, hot sauce, kimchee, and of course kombucha, and how to avoid cross-contamination in the brewery.
I do sourdough breads, sauerkraut, cheese and would be very interested in your talk!

If you're at the World Beer Cup this year, look up Ironworks Brewery (Lakewood, CO). Wade will have the Common there. And if it does as well as it did at GABF, I'll be replacing my profile picture....

If you're at the World Beer Cup this year, look up Ironworks Brewery (Lakewood, CO). Wade will have the Common there. And if it does as well as it did at GABF, I'll be replacing my profile picture....

I wish I could be. Good luck!

Do you have that recipe shared? Sounds interesting. Understandable if you don’t.

Homebrew Club meeting is tomorrow night, I'll bring the subject up then. If I can get there, Yooper, I'd definitely like to buy you a beer. Given your avatar, you'll be easy to spot.... ;-) I'll be the old fart in the Aurora City Brew Club (AC/BC) shirt.

Back