I've lost my bubble?

All grain ale seems to have quit fermenting?

• Add more yeast

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not mashed enuf

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Juddlight

Trial Member
Reaction score
All grain red ale seems to have quit fermenting, mashed 11bs grain for an hour, sparged, trasfered, and potched at 74 degrees. Beer quit bubbling after 4 days. Any suggestions appreciated, thanks

This is a sweet site :)

Check the gravity. It's done. ;)

Ya unfortunalet i was excited and missed preboil check, but will do

I recently experienced something I've never seen with my beer, it fermented out without bubbling or forming a kraussen.

after 4 days there's a good chance you have beer in there.

Sweet ill measure after work and hopefully be bottling... thanks all

I'm generally done most of the fermentation within 4 days.

Sweet ill measure after work and hopefully be bottling... thanks all

I'd suggest leaving it a little bit longer, for the yeast to clean up and settle a bit more. I'll typically let ales sit a week or two before racking or packaging. but that's also partly because life gets in the way of brewing. :D

I don't worry about it not being completely finished when kegging but I'd be inclined to let it fully finish if you're bottling it. Bottle bombs as a concept scare the hell out of me though.

Yeah...by "done" I meant that it's through primary fermentation. Definitely let it sit for another week or so. Most ale yeasts pitched at 74 degrees will throw a lot of esters that need time to clean up so the flavor isn't off. And you still have to check it to be sure it's stable at its FG.
In regards to missing the OG into the fermenter, if you're pretty consistent with your mashing efficiency, you can estimate within a point or two for sure. You may not be super accurate in your ABV calculation but as long as it's holding at a reasonable FG, it's good to go.

Sounds good and thanks... gonna measure and transfer to another carboy for abit.... did i mention this is a sweet site

I gotta FG of 1.0 so must be good :) gonna let it sit a few days and check again

1.000?:eek: what yeast did you use and in 4 -5 dayso_O. Maybe check again...

STEP AWAY FROM THE BEER THE YEASTIES KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING!!!

traffic-police-clipart-7.jpg

Don't make us get the cops involved.

Back