stainless steel fermentors

didou

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have found a website KLARSTIEN that are selling cheapish ss fermenters I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this brand, any help gratefully received.

First time posters post a lot of other websites here.

Last edited:
I have found a website KLARSTIEN that are selling cheapish ss fermenters I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this brand, any help gratefully received.
Although I have no experience with the Klarstein as I have a Ss Brew Bucket and glass carboys, it looks very similar to the one by Anvil, and the Anvil is cheaper. Anvil is the bargain brand for Blichmann (I think) :
10032123_yy_0001_front___Klarstein_Maischfest_Fermenter_30_Gaerkessel_30l.jpg
anvil-7.5gal-bucket-fermentor-2.jpg

Last edited:
It's a bucket. You can buy ten or so plastic buckets for the same price and repurpose them once you scratch them. Stainless is nice but that's all. It won't improve your beer.

You can buy ten or so plastic buckets for the same price and repurpose them once you scratch them.
Losing a batch to an infected bucket is a bummer. It's hard to know that they're bad until they've ruined a beer. If you're doing small batches and can run a few brews through the $4 buckets from Walmart and then toss them, it's not too bad, but the 7.5 gallon Ale-Pail buckets get a little costly.
I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/Chapman-Gallon-Stainless-Fermenter-Portless/dp/B01HIZF4SW
but I got it from another source for 134.99 shipped. Hard to beat for guaranteed sanitary vessel and the ability to do double batches. :)

In the shop, we started using these, for our small batches and our Kit wine making.
http://www.thebrewmentor.com/product-p/5138.htm
We got away from white, food grade plastic when the PET plastic came with a wide mouth for ease of cleaning.
We currently have other PET carboys that have been in production for ~6 years and are still in great shape. YMMV
The only problem we have had with them is the melting point is 160° , so setting them next to a burner is a bad idea! I send you pics if you want to see! Haha.
You could also use an 8 gallon SS pot and create a seal for the lid.
Good Luck,
Brian

In the shop, we started using these, for our small batches and our Kit wine making.
http://www.thebrewmentor.com/product-p/5138.htm
We got away from white, food grade plastic when the PET plastic came with a wide mouth for ease of cleaning.
We currently have other PET carboys that have been in production for ~6 years and are still in great shape. YMMV
The only problem we have had with them is the melting point is 160° , so setting them next to a burner is a bad idea! I send you pics if you want to see! Haha.
You could also use an 8 gallon SS pot and create a seal for the lid.
Good Luck,
Brian
I left one in the trunk on a summer day. The result looked like a transporter accident on the original Star Trek. I have some vintage PET carboys as well, simple precautions like not using a metal spoon and rinsing a lot more than washing and they last a long time.

I have one of the fermonsters too, works well for cleaning but I need to look at replacing the rubber as I don't seem to get a good seal.

Back