Seperatory Funnel DIY Attempt?

sn00ky

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, trying to build a seperatory funnel for harvesting yeast. I have some yeast I have been keeping and some that is in slurry that I'd like to wash and put away for a while.

I have washed in the normal manner, but I find I throw away a lot of viable yeast causing more starter building (and planning ahead lol)

20180125_214300-1512x2016.jpg

Hey everyone, trying to build a seperatory funnel for harvesting yeast. I have some yeast I have been keeping and some that is in slurry that I'd like to wash and put away for a while.

I have washed in the normal manner, but I find I throw away a lot of viable yeast causing more starter building (and planning ahead lol)

View attachment 2426
Looks good snook great ideah it should work i recon.

Got it in action - moved to the cooler now to settle faster. Going to need some volume marks now...

rsz_20180128_045651.jpg

Got it in action - moved to the cooler now to settle faster. Going to need some volume marks now...

View attachment 2451
One thing you might need a bleeder valve or something. Because as you empty out the yeast itll cause back pressure until the flow stops. Or i suppose you can just squeeze untill youve got your yeast you need.

I have a bung installed on the top

Cool. You're nearby too.

I am. I'll be there on Monday, need to bottle a bunch for competition. I'm gonna win something through volume if not by skill!

Back