Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I found 2 interesting new hop varieties at the lhbs tonight

Eureka - 18.1% AA
Black currant, dark fruits, strong herbal notes and pine tree

Experimental #07270 - 16.6% AA
Spicy, resinous, tangerine

Going to do a 3 gallon batch for each hop. Grist is about 15% Vienna, 85% pilsner. US05 for the yeast.

Anyone have any experience with these hops?

Descriptors sound good. :)

I found 2 interesting new hop varieties at the lhbs tonight

Eureka - 18.1% AA
Black currant, dark fruits, strong herbal notes and pine tree

Experimental #07270 - 16.6% AA
Spicy, resinous, tangerine

Going to do a 3 gallon batch for each hop. Grist is about 15% Vienna, 85% pilsner. US05 for the yeast.

Anyone have any experience with these hops?
My saison brew in did tonight was 10g eureka @30min 40g whirlpool for 30min starting at 80c. I can tell you now that wort has some splendid aroma I can't put a finger on it ATM too many beverages consumed but will get a better idea I. The coming days as I bought 200g of it and can't wait to let it play on its own in a standard pale ale.

I thought I remembered you mentioning eureka somewhere. Too bad these brews will have to wait a little bit so I can get my first lager done and in the ferm chamber. Sigh, such is life...:rolleyes:

I thought I remembered you mentioning eureka somewhere. Too bad these brews will have to wait a little bit so I can get my first lager done and in the ferm chamber. Sigh, such is life...:rolleyes:
Well all I can say it's them hops are going to shine with that grist.
Another new Aussie hop I'm keen to taste is enigma.

Have not used either but have seen lots of positive comments from brewers concerning Eureka.

Be interested to hear you thoughts on them. Always looking for new hop combos.

Good god, 1 month after brewing and 2.5 months after starting this thread I finally bottled these.
I didn't get a strong aroma from the experimental one, but the eureka had a dank, weighty tropical smell that was really nice.
Time isn't doing me any favors in trying out these hops, but I'll know in about 2 weeks or so

Yep im a fan of it i think itll be a common visitor to my brewery. I definetly get tropical fruit and maybe a little dank pine going on for sure. I love seing what other brewers get out of the hops.

I have a Eureka \ Magnum blended IPA in a secondary right now won't be done for awhile. Came across a 8 oz pack of hops and a friend and me split the cost. He's lining up to use his shortly. I still have 1/2 oz in freezer,

I have a Eureka \ Magnum blended IPA in a secondary right now won't be done for awhile. Came across a 8 oz pack of hops and a friend and me split the cost. He's lining up to use his shortly. I still have 1/2 oz in freezer,
Well dont let it sit too long if you can get it into a keg and away from hop diminishing oxygen just my thoughts...

I got a lot of dank and resin out of the Eureka. Not sure I loved it. Would compare it somewhere to chinook.

I got a lot of dank and resin out of the Eureka. Not sure I loved it. Would compare it somewhere to chinook.
Im a fan ill be using it again it paired well with fruity Galaxy i think. I used it mostly whirlpool and dry hopped.

Back