Slop Back Yeast

I don't have any yeast on hand and I'm wanting to brew tommorow. Would 1 litre (part fermented) from my current brew be enough yeast?

I did a google search and came up with this article, while searching for information. Not relevant but caught my eye!...
https://jezebel.com/5947058/just-so-you-know-you-cant-make-beer-from-your-vagina
Forget the vagina yeast that's just embarrassing the same as beard yeast for that matter ha ha.

So fermentation is finished?
If it's at high krausen you can scrape the yeast off the top and collect it this way but I'd still make a starter afterwards.
Or if fermentation is finished bottle/rack off the trub then swirl trub pour some into sanitizer jar about 500ml-1000ml and pitch this into your next batch.

The current batch is 3 days in and bubbling away, so I will wait till after new year now.

I thought I could just pitch a litre of the current batch into a new batch.

I'm prone to doing stupid things then learning, this time I though to ask the question.

Honestly it never occurred to me to scoop out a litre while things are going nuts but I imagine it would probably work. I know people harvest yeast from the krausen so it is everywhere in the liquid especially during the initial fermentation.

Back