Last brew day 2017!

sbaclimber

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I brewed yesterday for the last time in 2017. Now it is time to fill out the tax form, transfer my couple of Euros tax and write an email to announce that I will be brewing again in 2018 (welcome to German bureaucracy!).
Very curious to taste and smell in January / February how my Callista IPA will turn out! My first time using it, hopefully 200g (in 25L) @ <=10 minutes will result in something...

Too early to tell if this is my last brew day of the year. I might get in another.

I’m done for 2017 also. I brewed twice this week and have a lager fermenting as well. My fermenter space is slamed and kickin out enough co2 to get Al Gore’s attention when he flies over. :D

My fermenter space is slamed and kickin out enough co2 to get Al Gore’s attention when he flies over. :D
Just tell Al it’s for the trees, and you’re just trying to keep up with him!!

Now it is time to fill out the tax form, transfer my couple of Euros tax and write an email to announce that I will be brewing again in 2018 (welcome to German bureaucracy!).

You should move to England, we don't have such nonsense. Be quick though, we'er doing away with European Union bureaucracy altogether and you might not be allowed in soon! o_O

Back on subject... I'm brewing tommorow, a lovely English Ale (None of that foreign muck) ;)

Looks like I'm going to get in a Boxing Day brew, my Kentucky Common. Hey, ACBev: I see you have a Coconut Stout in your lineup - I'll be bottling one later today! The toasted coconut really complements the stout flavors, think a Mounds bar dipped in coffee....

You should move to England, we don't have such nonsense. Be quick though, we'er doing away with European Union bureaucracy altogether and you might not be allowed in soon! o_O
Not sure if it is for better or for worse, but my passport still says USA on it...;)

Not sure if it is for better or for worse, but my passport still says USA on it...;)
Agreed. And no paperwork, at least not until AB Inbev buys a couple Senators and gets homebrew and craft beer banned.

My last brew day for the year will be a test run of some secret yeasts a new local yeast lab has set up with our local club .

They've asked some of the best brewers in the state but they were busy so they've asked me
Either way it'll be a learning experience to work with yeast experts and I look forward to increasing my knowledge of my favourite single celled organisms

be careful passports expire my nephew had a month and needed to travel, oops

Brewed a 10 gallon batch today and I'll hit it again a few times over the next week so I can beer up for our annual party at the end of January. Did my Cream Ale today and I'll need a couple of kegs of the house Pale Ale plus a Saison and a Guiness clone before I can be done.

And I hear you can get a President pretty cheaply these days, too.

be careful passports expire my nephew had a month and needed to travel, oops
I know what that is like! I also had 4 weeks to get a passport before my first trip out of the country. Thankfully, I lived only 4 hrs away from Boston and could take a day trip to go get one on the spot. That was 20 years ago, not sure if they even still do that in Boston any more...
I still have to show up personally for my renewal each time, but I am only an hour away from Berlin, so no biggie.

Back