Beamish Stout

chub1

Trial Member
Reaction score
Have a 6 litre batch of Beamish,partial mash on the go,slightly tweaked and reduced size from the BYO special issue online.
6 litre p/mash.5 litre mash x 60 mins. 3.5 litre dunk sparge x 10 mins.60 min boil.
OG 1.041. FG 1.009. IBU 28.38. SRM 28.49
650 grams dark liquid extract
150 grams stout malt
30 grams wheat malt
25 grams choc malt
20 grams black malt
15 grams roast barley
15 grams brown malt
15 grams flaked barley
15 grams crystal 140 L
4 grams challenger pellets-60 min
3 grams EKG pellets-60 min
1/4 protofloc tablet -15 min
6 grams hersbruker leaf-10 min
1/2 pack gervin re hydrated.

5 litres will go into a mini keg and remainder into small bottles.

Just tried my first stout this weekend, but I love this stuff! Beamish is by far my favourite. Is this pretty close to the real deal? May have to nab this recipe and give it a go soon.

T.GM, i love stouts and Porters. Have brewed a good few,coffee,chocy ,oatmeal and a hefty 8.5% job. must say all have been pretty damn good.
Lucky here as we have pretty hard water which is supposed to be good for stouts.

Got it into a 5 litre mini keg this morning.All in all a b###s up of a day.
Was soaking my bottling wand valve in the sink when i managed to let it go down the plughole:rolleyes:. Used the wand anyway to transfer the beer into the keg,but the wand kept falling off my FV tap and i got beer everywhere:rolleyes:.Bottled the remaining beer and then realised i had not added any sugar to the bottles:rolleyes::mad:.
Oh well,all done now!

I had one of them days a brew or two back. I guess it was your turn last brew club :p. Ah well you can bet the next brew session will go though flawlessly;).

I had one of them days a brew or two back. I guess it was your turn last brew club :p. Ah well you can bet the next brew session will go though flawlessly;).
Reading your last comment,i just spat a mouthful of coffee over the keyboard:eek::D

Reading your last comment,i just spat a mouthful of coffee over the keyboard:eek::D
That's the kind of response I aim for in a post lol. I remember a while back another memeber dasalte shot hot coffee out through his nose from one of my misfortunate ramblings:p.

That's the kind of response I aim for in a post lol. I remember a while back another memeber dasalte shot hot coffee out through his nose from one of my misfortunate ramblings:p.
Uh, I think that was me.

Just cracked a bottle. Very nice. Couldn't say if it's anywhere near the original as it's too many years since i had one. Will be interested to see how the mini keg comes out:)

Back