Stars(Ratings)

Ole Shallywags

Premium Member
Reaction score
I see under dashboard where other brewers can rate the recipe. Is there a way to rate your own? I was using folders for "brew again", "dont brew again" etc... but it would be nice to be able to rate the recipe and filter based on how many stars you give it. I would like to keep all of my recipes in the default folder since they is where they tend to all accumulate anyway.

Respectful dissent: Allowing us to "rate our own" would lead to rating inflation, making the rating system quickly useless. Few of us are so honest that we would give our two-star recipe less than three stars....

I've not put much faith in the rating system due to process differences and cold side practices .
Also as Nosy points out rating our own could easily become a shambles .
With experience you can look at a recipe and have a pretty good idea how it'll turn out in the glass

Yep im a very biased brewer i think most my brews are medal winners lol!

But in real world my tastes may be different to others and not BJCP standard

Pluss then there is the many differnt brew rigs and brewing one beer on my biab rig may yeild different results to lets say a 3 vessel HERMs rig:.

I don't judge any beer on any guidelines, I just judge a beer on if it taste good and expect the same

One rating won’t skew the totals. ;)

Ok, maybe not a rating system so much as a way to filter based on say "favorite", "horrible", "brew again" etc.... just a way instead of using folders. The rating system i was thinking of was only intended for personal use, not public.

Yeah, but that doesn't really give you a quick glance. Maybe i am thinking something more along the lines of how a photographer filters and sorts best pics. you know you don't want to get rid of pictures even if they are bad but you will want to filter them to only display your favorites. especially when you get a lot of them. Just a thought.

Folders it is.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    30.5 KB · Views: 241
thats what I do, I have a folder called mybrewes, private, public and others

I tried using folders, but didn’t like not being able to see all my (good & bad) brews at once. Instead, I’ve been putting emoji stars ⭐️ in the batch info. That gives me a quick overview.

Back