C02 matters

Ozarks Mountain Brewery

Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I say this because I’ve had a strange flavor creep into some beers that I couldn't identify, I’ve had my suspicions but finally confirmed it, the new C02 canister changed my beer taste and not for the better, it was bright and hoppy and now dull and dank, this happened in the 5 minute switch of bottles, I’ve had this happen before, very disappointing

What’s the fix?

Yuck! Contaminated?

So your saying that youve run out of gas changed over to new bottle of c02 and this new gas has some how spoiled your brew.?

Or you beer was without c02 untill you found out your bottle was empty?

I thought dank was all the rage. If they add a touch of haze to the co2 they'll be sitting on a goldmine!

never liked it, I cant describe this flavor its just not good, they gave me a steal tank, Its got a flavor I bet

No, but you likely got industrial grade gas and it can have all kinds of other nasty contaminants in it. The tank wouldn't have an influence.

OMB, you do a cylinder exchange to get CO2?

yes I bought a tank many years ago and they just switch it out with whats filled, I cant blame the home brew company, they are the best, its the gas company I bet

I have a new LHBS in town that will fill my tank. I go to a local fire control company for my fills. They see a few brewers, they tell me.

well woohoo the flavor is back, I had run out of C02 while carbing at 30 psi so I hooked the new bottle up and just set it the same but after the crap taste I bled the kegs and lowered the pressure to 10, today its fine must have had some bad stuff in the top of the bottle only and bleeding it worked so now I’m saying whew
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Back