piny and hazy IPA

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to do a piny wheat IPA, cloud it up too, I'm wondering if my recipe will be too much pine, and if I should sub in some citrus somewhere.

Using only Simcoe and Chinook for a 3 gallon boil, 2.25gal batch size.
1oz Simcoe @ 15
1oz Chinook @ 5

1oz Simcoe @ Whirlpool
1oz Chinook @ Whirlpool

1oz Simcoe DH @ 4 days
1oz Chinook DH @ 2 days.

( 60% 2-row, 20% White Wheat, 20% Torrified Wheat )

I've had an American style wheat with all simcoe and it was delicious (if you're simcoe fan).
I am a bit curious why so much torrified wheat?

I've had an American style wheat with all simcoe and it was delicious (if you're simcoe fan).
I am a bit curious why so much torrified wheat?
takes the place of flaked wheat.

Does doubling the amount of piney type hops present any issues, like overly piney bitterness?

I like it...Maybe throw in some Columbus to smooth out the bite from the Chinook. Simcoe is the best and it'll give you some big fruit to top off the pineyness.

Why haze? If it's only for the optics, throw a tablespoon or two of cornstarch into the boil. The wheat may or may not create haze, depending on your mash process.

Why haze? If it's only for the optics, throw a tablespoon or two of cornstarch into the boil. The wheat may or may not create haze, depending on your mash process.
haze just because i harvested 4 pints of White Labs London Fog from a previous IPA, and i want to keep it going for the foreseeable future. I enjoy how that IPA came out, i'd like all of my IPAs to be that way.

Because the hazecraze is real. The entirety of NEIPA popularity is wheat/oat haze. It sounds pretty good to me. I am a fan of piney hops so i think it would be an interesting take on the hazy IPA.

Try dry hopping during high krasuen for haze. I usually dry hop on day 2 of fermentation. Something to do with the biotransformation.

Back