Myth or truth

CRUNK

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have a small Halloween party that I'm attending in 2 weeks and I'm taking some wine cooler up that I made I'm taking Oktoberfest that I made and I'm taking Apple Ale that I made I'm wanting to take a little bit of the wine cooler and put it in my one and a half gallon keg and carbonate it with helium but I need to know has anybody tried this is it a myth that it works just like a helium balloon and makes you talk funny or doesn't it work Common Sense tells me helium is lighter than air and that it's not going to carbonate into the liquid

Pressure does some funny things. It will have to infuse into the beverage.

(Pretend I said that in a munchkin voice.)

Think about it. Your reasoning is that helium is lighter than air so it can’t diffuse into a liquid. You can’t compare helium to air and apply reasoning to a liquid. CO2 would be heavier than air, but it’s lighter than a liquid. Pressure holds the CO2 in the beverage. Uncapped, the beverage goes flat.

The wine cooler is already carbonated I was going to transfer it from the 5 gallon keg to my one and a half gallon keg and hit it with the helium so it sounds like everything should work for me I'll test it this weekend

I'm only doing a gallon or a gallon and a half of it as a gag just for some good laughs at the start of the party

I think the easiest way a and to keep it tasting good is just to add it to the head space of bottles and tell then to breath in as they open it, I don't think the helium will taste good at all

You'll have to weigh down the kegs so they don't float away. ;)

And just because we've all had a laugh or 20 inhaling helium from balloons, Helium is very dangerous to inhale. And it won't make your voice higher... because you are drinking it and not breathing it.

Helium isn't very soluble either. Think of it as very expensive nitrogen.

That Video of the guys drinking beer "carbonated" with Helium was a April´s fool joke. as mentioned previously, you Need to inhaling to get the effect. Inhaling Helium in small quantities is not dangerous. only if you do in high amount and with absence of Oxigen. It seems to be a quite relaxing death, your body will exchange O2 for He2 and you will fall asleep before you die.

Back