My Noobie Red Ale

Yeah, I was really happy to see it so clear! I am anxious for the dry hops to finish falling and settling so it will clear up again. Anyone know how long this might take? I was hoping no more than 3 days so I can bottle.

My understanding is that dry hopping is for aroma, not flavor. Is this incorrect?
Yep yep cold crash if you can...

Yeah, I was really happy to see it so clear! I am anxious for the dry hops to finish falling and settling so it will clear up again. Anyone know how long this might take? I was hoping no more than 3 days so I can bottle.

My understanding is that dry hopping is for aroma, not flavor. Is this incorrect?
You got it. More than about three days' contact time runs the risk of getting some flavors. I don't think they're what you're after: Grassy, vegetal....

Im not very experienced but considering what i´ve read and my 4 previous brews i would say that dry hops is mostly for Aroma.
Just let them for 4-5 days. After, do a cold Crash and you everything will settle down.
good luck

So 2 days of cold crashing and then bottle? Today will be the 3rd day for dry hopping. There is still a layer of green on the top.

So 2 days of cold crashing and then bottle? Today will be the 3rd day for dry hopping. There is still a layer of green on the top.
Yes. WEll, i leave it overnight and ist enough to get all the sedments. However im using tee bags to hold the hops during dry hopping, i think this helps a bit. i believe ist common sense that leaving the dry hopping for more than 5 days can add a grassy character to the beer.
I would cold Crash and check how it Looks, i think you should get a compact sedment up to 3 days of cooling.
let us know how its going :)

Back