Choc-Coffee Stout

i tried this recipe .... amazing ,mouth watering it is...

regards
Nancy
worked @vbuycars, providing Cash For Cars Calabasas.
Yep it smelt great in the mash tun.

Now how did you perceive the cocoa flavour? I added more nearly double the recipe suggestions and added coffee ground raw straight to primary

Don't grind the coffee beans, use whole beans and use a light roast or medium roast. Stay away from dark roasts, it will collide with the roastiness of the grains, and will give off that coffee bitter taste too. Light roasted coffee, the coffee flavor comes out unobstructed. My opinion only!

Don't grind the coffee beans, use whole beans and use a light roast or medium roast. Stay away from dark roasts, it will collide with the roastiness of the grains, and will give off that coffee bitter taste too. Light roasted coffee, the coffee flavor comes out unobstructed. My opinion only!
Cheers tasted a sample just before it was down to 1.018 from 1.064 ish it tasted nice and clean for starters i got hint of cocoa and bitterness but not a lot of coffee i might throw a shot or two in when i transfer to serving keg.

Added an9ther 15g of ground coffee beans to primary this morning as coffee flavour i thought wasnt quite there.

On the other hand i tasted again this arvo and its got me smiling from ear to ear exactly where i want it mouthfeel bitterness chocolate and coffee all well ballanced.

I take my brew hat off to the man behind the recipie at www.bertusbrewery.com/recipes

i cant wait to crash it keg and consume mmmm mmm cheers;).

Back