Hello World!

PhillipPugh

Premium Member
Reaction score
I am Phillip Pugh. I live in Fort Worth TX. I am an old home brewer. However, I have not brewed in several years. I decided to get back in the hobby. I am doing small batch brews now. I find them fun and easy. Not to mention much easier on an old back. I am currently brewing Cream Ale. I have a Honey Ale ready to bottle, and a Pale Ale in the fermenter.

My main focus right now is to get the all-grain process down for the small batch (1.25 gallon).

Happy Brewing!

I am Phillip Pugh. I live in Fort Worth TX. I am an old home brewer. However, I have not brewed in several years. I decided to get back in the hobby. I am doing small batch brews now. I find them fun and easy. Not to mention much easier on an old back. I am currently brewing Cream Ale. I have a Honey Ale ready to bottle, and a Pale Ale in the fermenter.

My main focus right now is to get the all-grain process down for the small batch (1.25 gallon).

Happy Brewing!
Ive herd people say live within your means. I guess your brewing within your means:). Good stuff mate hope to hear more from you and welcome;).

Welcome. I was in the same boat. Use to brew. Quit for years and started back up doing 1 gallon BIAB to ease my way back in. Doing 3 gallon batches now and kegging. Having a blast.

Ive herd people say live within your means. I guess your brewing within your means:). Good stuff mate hope to hear more from you and welcome;).
Yes it is! When I did all-grain, I had a large house with lots of room to hold all of my equipment. Since then I downsized. I now live in a 1940's bungalow. It is a wonderful home, but not a lot of room, so besides my back issues, I have space issues. But what I am finding out is, small batch allows me to brew quicker and refine my processes faster. I don't expect the first small batch all-grain to be spot on. I expect to take a few tries to get it down. However, I think I will have it down within a month or two.

Welcome to the rabbit hole
Thanks! I am going to try to connect with a home brew group here is Fort Worth. Having been away from the hobby for a while, I am finding things have been progressed from when I stepped out.

Back