One step at a time

CRUNK

Trial Member
Reaction score
I made my first batch of sauergut, for acidification of wort. I don't have a reactor set up yet, so I am going to freeze it in ice cube trays till it's time to use it.

Keep in mind the legal limit a person can brew is 200 gallons a year...

Or more specifically, 100 gallons per adult per household (maximum 2 adults) per year.

Reactions: J A
I'm also trying to justify upgrading to a 1bbl system

It's definitely a compelling notion to build up a bigger and better brewery, but you either have to drink it or sell it, so you better be prepared to get a license and lose money or have big-ass parties and gain friends. :)

Either that or there are a lot of people living in drunks household.

Plenty of friends I have they all want some beer since I'm not selling it I'll take them to the Homebrew shop they can buy the ingredients and they do Pruitt on my system which means I'm not technically Brewing that beer I'm just instructing them on how to do it

120 litres a batch is pushing things , we do half bbl runs with a friend but we first pilot them on a 6 gal system then fiddle them before ending up with 3 kegs of average beer

which means I'm not technically Brewing that beer I'm just instructing them on how to do it

If you pitch the yeast on your premises, it counts. If you're making wort and your friends are taking it to their house to pitch, it goes on their count. The 200-gallon per household limit holds up in most states, though it varies. I don't know of any instance where someone has gotten busted for making more than 200 gallons (and I know guys who make a lot more than that). It's all sort of unenforceable unless you had a stockpile of hundreds of gallons of beer and the authorities came knocking for some reason. Nobody keeps records of how much beer they brew or drink.

One of those laws that is nearly impossible to enforce. I would imagine if you weren't caught selling it they would have no idea.

Yeah I would say that right now there's a lot of holes in the system

I dont think we have any such laws in Aus:rolleyes:?

I think distilling has a few tighter regulations here but more selling then porducing i thinko_O?

Back