It pays to know your beer

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm at the ballgame, and the stand has a Kölsch. I'm a sucker for that, and I ordered one. Hoppiest Kölsch I've ever had. I told the girl that's not a Kölsch. Luckily, she agreed. She couldn't figure out what was going on with all of the taps, but poured me a less hoppy beer. She let me keep the IPA. Score!!

I'm at the ballgame, and the stand has a Kölsch. I'm a sucker for that, and I ordered one. Hoppiest Kölsch I've ever had. I told the girl that's not a Kölsch. Luckily, she agreed. She couldn't figure out what was going on with all of the taps, but poured me a less hoppy beer. She let me keep the IPA. Score!!
So she confused an IPA with a Kolsch thats not Very Kolsch hey at least it aint a dark ipa or something:p.

cheap help hooking up taps, you have to double check all hook ups with lots of samples ;)

Decent beer at a stadium ? We're lucky to get anything more than bland mid strength lagers in a plastic cup
Incase of protest and cans get thrown i wonder what would hurt more a can full of beer or a piping hot pie in the head

yea here the freaking concession in all types of entertainment have blown their prices up so high I drink water, $5 for a soda and $7 for a beer give me a break

yea here the freaking concession in all types of entertainment have blown their prices up so high I drink water, $5 for a soda and $7 for a beer give me a break
You can pay $10 for a beer here sounds like your government are slinging tax upon your alcohoic beverages as well.

it is kind of higher for the average micro beer six pack like $10 but I live in the BUD capital of the world so lagers are dirt cheap but concessions are outrageous, the reason being the Internet and tv has ruined their profits

Beer is about $7 at the ballpark I went to.

yeah guys in Canada do the same thing, tariffs on alcohol and tobacco coming from here

Decent beer at a stadium ? We're lucky to get anything more than bland mid strength lagers in a plastic cup
Lots of pseudo craft beer at Coors Field. AC Golden (Coors) has the place locked up. Still better than Rocky Mountain slightly contaminated spring water (actually it comes out of Clear Creek via the City of Golden municipal water supply).

Aye i think a similar thing has happened to me i ordered a scooner of 50 lashes and i was just drinking this scooner thinking this is the blandest beer it tastes nothing like a 150 lashes no hop aroma or flavour i didnt watch the bar.lady pour it but its got me thinking ir was a mix up. $7.90 for this scooner btw!

150 lashes is fairly bland , just left work and was handed a corona ...ice cold while I'm wearing a jumper
Think they're suggesting I should supply some better after work beers

150 lashes is fairly bland , just left work and was handed a corona ...ice cold while I'm wearing a jumper
Think they're suggesting I should supply some better after work beers
Someone handed me a Miller at a party a while back. Couldn't get past the DMS. Once you get used to good beer, it's hard to go back to the stuff they have to market to get you to drink.

At Lancashire CCC we have 3 hand pumped cask ales in the members bar at £3.40 a pint
Pie, chips, mushy peas & gravy for £5,00
Love it! :)
Cheers

Someone handed me a Miller at a party a while back. Couldn't get past the DMS. Once you get used to good beer, it's hard to go back to the stuff they have to market to get you to drink.
Still some highly skilled brewers to produce gigalitres of exactly the same boring , bland yellow fizzy water day after day .
I know a pro brewer who produces much the same day after day and the only decent beer he makes is at home

At Lancashire CCC we have 3 hand pumped cask ales in the members bar at £3.40 a pint
Pie, chips, mushy peas & gravy for £5,00
Love it! :)
Cheers
Pie:cool:,chips:cool:but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
mushy peas:eek::eek:na,down here in Surrey,one has petit pois
:D

Back