Pissed with me intertap

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Yep I'd had a few beers under me belt not had I have and upon mucking around at the kegerator somehow I'd managed to Spring a faint drip drip leak from my intertap tap where the handle goes into the main body. I thought oh easy I'll just tighten up that nut on top compressing the plastic ring and she'll be right mate... Nope oh wait it needs more force I'll grab some pliers that'll fix the bugger.... Nope still a slow dribble:mad:.

So I took it all apart and gave it all a good squirt with sanitizer and inspected all me intertap bits. Remember I'm half cut BTW somehow now in hindsight I say I've miss placed a plastic slieve/ collier the bit that goes under the round steel joint I put that in the wrong place inside the housing and my sliding forward sealing shaft wouldn't move:eek:! I'm thinking what the have I forgotten a piece have I dropped something on the floor in my drunken haze. All the time I'm thinking bloody intertap so much for a flawless product not only does it Spring a leak outta the blue but now I can't even pull the handle and pour a beer out of ito_O.

Well my common sense came back to me after some perusing on the Internet for an intertap stuck shank type thread all to no avail but all about how good the product is. Mmm I must be somehow loosing my marbles or have already and just can't find em. I remember how much of an idiot I can be and decided to take a better more optimistic look at all me intertap bits and bobs you wouldn't believed it I've somehow managed to put a plastic coller on top of another plastic coller thinking it went there (it fit there too) and therefore didn't allow the tap shank arm enough depth to move the forward seeling slide arm o_O:oops: I'll post some picks for better understanding. But a lesson to all the brighter Brewers out there don't try to tackle the moving parts of your homebrew tap unless half sober lol.:p

Ok so first photo is just all the inside bits of the forward sealing intertap. Second photo is of the plastic slieve culprit that I placed inside the intertap housing as it is sitting there it has already got one of these in that same spot this one sits on the opposite side of the stainless knuckle. The third photo is how that plastic slieve should have been on the other side of the knuckle not underneath it. Just in case someone run into the same conundrum as me there ya go no where was that beer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    78.3 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 248
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 238
I'll try to translate that to English if anyone is having a hard time following my friend Ben here .

I'm rather annoyed with my InterTap !
I had quite a few drinks and noticed my tap had a minor leak at the collar between handle and tap body .
I had thought it would be as easy as tightening the retaining nut but to no avail as it only made the leak worse :mad:
I then decided that now would be a good time to strip and clean my tap but took little notice of which parts went where and reassembled it incorrectly resulting in a stuck tap ....Most frustrating indeed .:(:confused:

After some google / sobering up time i decided to double check my work and found i had 2 nylon spacers together instead of on opposite sides of the ball on the tap handle , Eureka ! :D i have found the problem and rectified it so have posted this as a cautionary tale to other brewers .

Sorry @Trialben i couldn't help but stir you up a bit :p

I will say I read Ben's in a thick Australian accent and marks in either a British accent or the white people voice that stand-up comics use. Great either way

In fact i attended high school in same general area as Ben but in a more rural area a few hundred km's north where the main exports are sugar , rum and pirates .
I am not british or posh by any means and speak fluent carpenter mostly which would get me banned for life in a hurry if i used it here

I am not british or posh by any means and speak fluent carpenter mostly which would get me banned for life in a hurry if i used it here

I know what you mean I grew up as a custom cabinet maker, working in development neighborhoods in the 90's to 2000, people in that trade have very colorful language eg: I owned a cabinet shop for 15 years until the trade suddenly died after 1/4 of America lost their loans and houses

I'll try to translate that to English if anyone is having a hard time following my friend Ben here .

I'm rather annoyed with my InterTap !
I had quite a few drinks and noticed my tap had a minor leak at the collar between handle and tap body .
I had thought it would be as easy as tightening the retaining nut but to no avail as it only made the leak worse :mad:
I then decided that now would be a good time to strip and clean my tap but took little notice of which parts went where and reassembled it incorrectly resulting in a stuck tap ....Most frustrating indeed .:(:confused:

After some google / sobering up time i decided to double check my work and found i had 2 nylon spacers together instead of on opposite sides of the ball on the tap handle , Eureka ! :D i have found the problem and rectified it so have posted this as a cautionary tale to other brewers .

Sorry @Trialben i couldn't help but stir you up a bit :p
Great translation!
I must admit, I probably would've had a bit of a problem sussing Ben's post if it weren't for my 4 yrs in NZ.
The british-ish (scottish, irish, south african, aussie, kiwi, etc), english and american / canadian languages can be quite different at times, especially when alcohol is involved...:D

I remember my first encounter with this difference being the word an ex-girlfriend (english) of mine used for a cigarette, took me a minute to realise she wasn't slurring a homosexual...

No other countries can compete with the US we buy up all the good players:p:rolleyes::confused::D:D
Except in soccer:p. As for the Olympics well youse are in a league of your own. But i dont know if anyone payed much attention when the Aussies played US all stars team in basketball we made them earn that win. As for your swimmer micheal Phelps if he was a country he would be in top 10 in the medal tallies he won more medals than most countries that dude is super human:).

My wife and I tried to watch a cricket match during our honeymoon. 20 minutes later I still had no idea what was happening

Curling takes a while to figure out. All I know is they're a bunch of beer drinkers with those guts!

My wife and I tried to watch a cricket match during our honeymoon. 20 minutes later I still had no idea what was happening
20.minutes mate a test match goes for 5 days:p heck im sure tea break is longer than that. Mmmm a gentleman's game cricket you sure do have to pace yourself when drinking at a game thougho_OI:cool:.

Back