Bohemian floor malted Pilsner.

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Gday all looking to brew up a straight forward (if there is such a thing) floor malted bohemian Pilsner.
Now all I'm looking to mash in straight out Weyermann floor malted bohemian Pilsner malt nothing else. I'm using sazz for aroma and flavour at 30 mins and 10mins with some magnum for bitterness ending around 32IBU. Going to ferment with 34/70 which I'll spin up a 3lt starter.

Mashing mid range 65c
Please check out me recipe below and let me know of any changes that would make this a Stella brew cheers all!

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/466829/bohemian-pilsner

Nice brew buddy, better showcase this one too

also I like th 32 ibu the reason for low ibu in most light beers is they carbonate their beer way too much making carbonation bite part of the bitterness so when we brew them its not nearly as bitter as it should be

Nice brew buddy, better showcase this one too

also I like th 32 ibu the reason for low ibu in most light beers is they carbonate their beer way too much making carbonation bite part of the bitterness so when we brew them its not nearly as bitter as it should be
So you recon mash temp right I'm thinking mid range single infusion no carapils for body here:p. What do you know about floor malted Pilsner malt is it well modified? Would you consider a short 15 min protine rest?
Cheers yes I'll definitely be posting pics in a month or so time.​

well true floor malted vs standard German pils, the difference is flavor, floor malted is always a better richer flavor, I wouldn't worry about a rest unless you just have the time

Well to carry on this bohemian Pilsner thread she was brewed yesterday I had a slight drop in efficiency due to I think a poor boil as I was spot on target with my preboil gravity reading of 1.038 and gained 6 points out of the 90 minute boil. So not enough boil off put that one down as a lesson learned let that gas rip I say:p. Anyhow I clocked in at 1.044 and am expecting with an 80% attenuation from my little yeast workers to get an FG of 1.008-7 fingers crossed. I'm putting the little Horny blighters to work in 10c with a .3c temperature difference on the STC1000. I pitched in a two stage starter first 1.5lt @1.040 gravity with an approx slurry of 20ml then stepped up that first decanted starter to a 2.5 LT starter for brew day pitch:). Pickin up what I'm putting down yep there's plenty at the bohemian rock party lol. This arvo 5pm 24 hrs post pitch she's beginning to bubble just a hint of action inmthemairlock I can see the starssan is all bubbly good indication me thinks:confused:.

I've got high hopes for this lightly coloured pure bohemian floor malted pils brew pretty much a SMaSH brew with that pils and Sazz.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    406.7 KB · Views: 125
  • image.png
    image.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 139
Took sample today 5 days after last sample it was sitting at 1.010 it's dropped to 1.008 no sulphur smell clean malty with a dry Finnish just what I was hoping for! So starting the cool down to cold crash I'll drop it 2c every 12 hours and leave it at -1 for a few days with gelitin and keg her up. Oh 81.7 % attenuation out of the 34/70 yeast and beers sitting at 4.7% so I'll be Able to sink a fair few of these in the near future without getting too silly.:p

speaking of climate any of you effected by the Australian Cyclones

speaking of climate any of you effected by the Australian Cyclones
It's hit half way up the coast of Queensland we will get some heavy rain from this ex tropical cyclone Debbie. It should sweep through either this arvo or Thursday. Might have to grow some gills :D.​

Alrighty I've got a quick carb sample just two days after Kegging. I bottled two 1.125lt pet bottles before Transfering to keg to clear the line of any trub and for the impatient (me). It's young Pilsner but true to form I had to get a sample straight out the gates just to get a flavour profile test bitterness ect. Bitterness in my mind is spot on with the high carbonation a nice bite but not overtop nice aroma from sazz cloudy but to be expected I'm hoping this will drop clear. It tastes a little sweet I was hoping it would drop a few points more but mmm next time or maybe over the course of a few weeks it might develop better. The mouthfeel is good plenty multines a little grainy But I'm digging the nice tight foamy head no carapils in this brew just Pilsner. Cheers:)
image.jpeg

Back