Our phones are listening to us

Mase

Trial Member
Reaction score
IMG_0556.PNG Let me first say this... I am in no way shape or form a conspiracy theorist, but I either heard about this or read about this a couple months back, where our 'smart phones' listen to us more then we think. What I heard or saw or read was that our conversations are listened to and the ad companies are listening. I've had this happen twice now where a conversation (obviously with in ear shot if our phones), discuss various topics. Specifically, a couple months back, we were talking about a certain foreign car, and the next time I was in Facebook, the news feeds had stuff about that specific foreign car. I dismissed that as I probably googled it and we all know that what happens when we google, as it shows up in news feeds. But this evening, I opened up Facebook and the news feed has small upright freezers as ads. I know that I haven't googled small upright freezers, but me and the wife were discussing them last night so we have a place to put our future conical fermenter and for cold crashing.

I think your wife was researching and WAS going to buy a small upright freezer for your upcoming birthday!! :p

Google knows your a brewer, brewers buy freezers. Put down the aluminum foil
The aluminum foil will be placed in top of the mash in the cooler!

Wasn't that also in the recent Wikileaks thing how our TVs phone ect can be switched on remotely for spy type espionage :eek:. Yea big brother can peep and listen to me all he wants but I'm guessing he will be disgusted with the things that come outta my mouth and outta my backside lol:eek:. Ha ha

Dr. google may start throwing probiotic ads up in your pages mate , Google translate doesn't speak pirate yet so i'm safe if i get suitably drunk ...bloody yaaarrrgghh

Dr. google may start throwing probiotic ads up in your pages mate , Google translate doesn't speak pirate yet so i'm safe if i get suitably drunk ...bloody yaaarrrgghh

Ha ha yea my beer is a good probiotic lol.

I have 'senior moments' with my phone all the time.....as - I'm going out to dinner tonight - best charge the phone! - put phone on charger - get to the venue and the phone is still on the charger :mad: Doh!
Cheers

I watched a doco yesterday on inside Google and you probably already know how much they know about us where we go what we like ect but say you do some dodgy things in your life in past and don't want it linked to your name on google well good luck trying to convince them to wipe that information. When is your info yours it ain't as soon as you tick the yes button to allow Google that info.

Next thing there will be a Google homebrew app:D.
Or gold will remind you you need to brew your stocks are getting low based on your daily consumption :eek:. Ha ha

Back