Kegging

CRUNK

Trial Member
Reaction score
Kegging my beer is officially the bomb, bye bye bottles.

I'll keep a case or two but they are probably just gonna collect dust.

You can bottle from the keg for gifts or comp entries .

I'll be keeping at least some bottles for beers I want to age without tying up a keg for 6+ months and for sharing round

Reactions: J A
Yea probably good for barley wines and heavy imperial stout type beers. But you want to drink a fresh hoppy beer or wheat beer the keg is the go bro.

There is no way around it for me. I started kegging right away but I I still bottle from the keg alot. I need roadies and like to share. I always have two or three cases of beer in bottles

No matter how i try i always seem to have anlittle leftnover after tansfering to keg and have to fill bottles anyways.

yeah kegging all the way. I hate washing bottles

To be fair, I don't like washing kegs either!!

To be fair, I don't like washing kegs either!!
Your supposed to wash them? I often just push more beer in them. Alot of times I fill my keg from a bright tank(keg) so there is not any sediment in there or oxygen. Maybe a second or third use I'll give it a rinse. Someone gave me three sanke kegs those will definitely get beer pushed in and so need less rinsing

That's a great idea JA! Why haven't I thought of this :p. I'm looking Transfering a keg today so I'll keep a pet bottle handy

Those things are the best. If you've got clear, cold beer to transfer, you can kick 20-30 lbs PSI on the bottle (they're rated at way, way more than that) and shake the hell out of it. By the time the foam settles, it's fully carbed and ready to enjoy. You can do it without shaking it if you want to roll it back and forth for a while or wait overnight.

Yea I tested out my current batch of saison this way I wanted to get a taste of it carbonated to see if I'd bottle it or keg. A nifty Brewers tool them carb caps problem is I left it over mates house and I'm freeking out hoping they don't throw it in the bin with the pet bottle :eek:!

Last edited:
Damn you guys ....now another toy I must have !!
Hmmm my APAs and IPAs would be even hoppier if I can drink them same day as I keg / bottle them

getting the right level of carb is near impossible it seems, but under/over sure beats flat! totally worth the $$ if you have more curiosity than patience like me lol!

I'm not a big fan of kegging and like to bottle most beers I brew. Gives me more choices and I would be drinking all day if I had it on tap.

Only time I do keg is for summer BBQs with friends and family. Although I do condition my keg beer like a cask ale and use a beer engine under low pressure.

I'm not a big fan of kegging and like to bottle most beers I brew. Gives me more choices and I would be drinking all day if I had it on tap.
I've made that point before myself, about more choices. But before I started brewing again, I bought nothing but Yuengling. That's what I drank. That said, I built a 6 tap keezer. I get edgy if I don't have 6 kegs in there!

My keg capacity is half that jeffpn :p. But I had a tap around in there this morning and they are sounding a bit low!:eek:

Back