Who is brewing today?

Wood House Hall

Trial Member
Reaction score
Had my doubts I could get done and setup in time today but strike water is heating and everything is setup and sanitized. Brewing a new recipe American Pale Ale.

Anyone else tending kettle right now?

Cheers!

Not today, but it's a great day for it. Cloudy, rainy and cold. A great day to curl up with a warm mash tun!

I'll be putting up a porter next weekend, but today my 'brewing' is limited to a big pot of turkey soup. :)

just checked SG of first runnings ....bloody hell ! 1.090
dare say this brew will end up with a bit more volume and a bigger kick than intended

Attachments

• 1480218186559-1065852310.jpg
    1480218186559-1065852310.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
My processes are a bit strange , that was 15 l , batch size was supposed to be 25 l but still chilling so no idea what my volume or gravity into FV will end up

Can't imagine I got the IBUs I wanted from 150 g of low AA% noble hops so looking more like a helles export ....still beer that I made so a good day

Not a matter of efficiency this time , sure my supplier is giving me more than I ordered .
Simply impossible that I could get that much otherwise
7 points high on boil gravity threw all my IBU calcs out as well .
Got an extra 3 litres of real wort starters boiled down from second and third runnings

I'm at a brewery. Does that count?

I have the opportunity to help brew here, with the membership I bought. They brew 19th century style. If you like sour beers, this is your place! The food is really good.

http://www.carillonbrewingco.org/

Back