Water chemistry calculator

Aplogan

Trial Member
Reaction score
Several weeks ago I used the water
Chemistry and advanced calculator to determine brew salt additions. I since became a premium member and now it will not calculate salt additions. I'm sure I'm doing the same thing as before. I'm using the desktop but having the same problem on the mobile site.

Thank you for responding. It loads and will let me change the amount of water, select target brewing profile, etc. I even entered my source water profile several weeks ago when I first used it. That is still present. However when I click on the match target profile button the brewing salt additions do not change. They stay at the value of zero for each salt. Before, they changed to show me how much of each new mineral I should add.

Thank you for responding. It loads and will let me change the amount of water, select target brewing profile, etc. I even entered my source water profile several weeks ago when I first used it. That is still present. However when I click on the match target profile button the brewing salt additions do not change. They stay at the value of zero for each salt. Before, they changed to show me how much of each new mineral I should add.

All set. I realized I need to add the salts and then check update calculations. Thanks anyway.

All set. I realized I need to add the salts and then check update calculations. Thanks anyway.

Is there a way to have brewersfriend automatically calculate salt additions? I can't find it.

Is there a way to have brewersfriend automatically calculate salt additions? I can't find it.
Not that I'm aware of that's something you need to Input yourself. You have to save your recipie first then using water calculator in recipe it will load your grist from recipe in for you then do you adjustments from there

Not that I'm aware of that's something you need to Input yourself. You have to save your recipie first then using water calculator in recipe it will load your grist from recipe in for you then do you adjustments from there

I'm brewing an all grain pale ale Sunday. The salt additions from beersmith and brewersfriend are so different. The target profiles for hoppy beers are not quite the same so the salt additions are different. Not sure which one to go with. Beersmith automatically caluculates it but the additions are much higher.

I'm brewing an all grain pale ale Sunday. The salt additions from beersmith and brewersfriend are so different. The target profiles for hoppy beers are not quite the same so the salt additions are different. Not sure which one to go with. Beersmith automatically caluculates it but the additions are much higher.
I haven't used the Beersmith programme or water profile settings but I'd go with the one your most comfortable with.

you need to use one or the other but don't mix things, like the recipe from here and water calc somewhere else,

i recently started working on water chemistry and used the brewers friend calculator and Brunwater to get some insite into it . It became apparent that inputting identical data into both gave different outcomes in ph. Although i have only monitored ph in 6 brews so far it seems the BF calculator is way better at calculating ph. Any ideas as to why there is such a large difference especially when the Brunwater seems to be very well constructed and highly regarded.?

the calculator here is tied to your profile settings and in most cases the recipe with more detailed info going into the calculator which is more accurate that way

Back