Television Series

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Curious to see what kind of chatter we can get on this. Book or show, let's talk

Either version, Beric Dondarrion is one of my favorite minor characters

I've only seen 6-7 episodes. Good show but not really my thing.

man, this side chit chat thing isn't taking off like i was thinking it would.

don't brewers have any other hobbies?:D

I am big into tv show and movies and this is well written and produced but this shows story has been played to death. someone has to come up with a better story than the 5 biggest history stories out there over and over, not to disregard any of the great actors and performances from this show and there are plenty but common
Im old ...sex drugs, war and drama seen it lol

I'll grant you that, but the source material (of course) is so much better and more nuanced. Theres only a handful of characters that are truly and fully evil, and no one's good either

Have you seen the commercials for the new HBO show, West world I think? Seems interesting

Put me down for Narcos, Hell On Wheels, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, The Man In The High Castle, Better Call Saul. I think you get the idea.

Put me down for Narcos, Hell On Wheels, House of Cards, Breaking Bad, The Man In The High Castle, Better Call Saul. I think you get the idea.
We still haven't watched the second season of better call Saul. First one was excellent

I checked out of GoT. So many characters to keep track of.

I really enjoyed The Knick and hope it comes back. Really liked the first episode of Quarry.

Yeah, we had to pause every so often so I could explain all the back story and who the heck the characters are to my wife. I don't think they made it impenetrable for someone who didn't read the books, but there is a bit they gloss over.

Guess I should have just named this "TV thread"?

the last few years Ive really gotten into allot of good tv shows and it always happens, the best show on tv "according to me" gets canceled, I absolutely hate that, usually because a writer or an actor moves to something else or the show isn't selling enough commercial products to keep the funding, and face it smart shows attract smart people and smart people don't fall for tv adds so its a wast of good talent and story line in alot if cases..."My rant" is over now :mad:

Last edited:
I was drinking a brown ale while watching an episode of Narcos last night.

Just about to start binge watching House of Cards 4. Wasn't hugely impressed with season 3, but it was still good enough to keep watching.
Otherwise, my list is similar to newmanwell's...though I have already watched the 2nd season of BCS. :p

House of Cards Season 4 was thankfully better than Season 3...
Now I am watching Ash vs Evil Dead S2 and Red Dwarf XI.
....ah, both bring back memories of the late 80s and 90s. :rolleyes:

House of Cards Season 4 was thankfully better than Season 3...
Now I am watching Ash vs Evil Dead S2 and Red Dwarf XI.
....ah, both bring back memories of the late 80s and 90s. :rolleyes:

can't say i got into house of cards much, which is weird because i really like the political machinations of game of thrones.
but Red Dwarf? that's one of the things that attracted me to my wife
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Im watching
West World, Designated Survivor, Falling Water and Timeless

all good shows so far

Back