A forum request

jeffpn

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Up until a couple of months ago, this forum was very family friendly. Now it's peppered with obscenities and vulgar language. I'd like to request that members don't use offensive language here. Can we please the language to the way it used to be? Thanks.

Jeff I got your message and dug into it. I haven't seen any examples offhand ... There is a Report function, if you spot them could you report them please or PM me with examples of what your referring to.

Up until a couple of months ago, this forum was very family friendly. Now it's peppered with obscenities and vulgar language. I'd like to request that members don't use offensive language here. Can we please the language to the way it used to be? Thanks.
Whenever if wrote swear words on this forum I've coverd em up so to speak with $&@ no offence ment just sometimes English adjectives don't cover it:):oops:.

Whenever if wrote swear words on this forum I've coverd em up so to speak with $&@ no offence ment just sometimes English adjectives don't cover it:):oops:.
In my opinion, (and I'm not in charge here), replacing one vowel with a random character doesn't cut it. It reads the same. But if you do as you describe above, then it's pretty much censored, and reads the same way as Sgt. Snorkel yells at Beetle Baily.

I will say that I'm not used to forums where people swear. Not that I've followed too many forums, but I haven't ever seen it like I see it here.

KEEP IT CLEAN! No nudity, violence, hate symbols, etc. Otherwise, have fun and use your imagination!

this is not a forum rule but this is what I go by, we get all kinds of people here from around the world and and not all talk the same, some people drunk talk and embellish with their emotions, I encourage people to show their emotions when it comes to home brewing and I don't censor every word as long as there are no insults, I will not tolerate a personal insult of any kind but I will look at reports and decide it its really trivial or needs to be removed, I hope you under stand what I mean

Last edited:
This forum is pretty tame compared to many I've been to... I agree that it's best kept as civil as possible. We don't want to sound like a newly elected US President, do we??? :confused:

So far it seems pretty tame to me as well, even the mild forays into US politics. But I do agree, we're here to discuss beer, we in general keep it constructive and fairly well-mannered, let's keep it that way.

I generally don't swear in my posts but what do you mean family friendly. This forum is about how to make alcohol. Impressionable children shouldn't be on here no

It was just a thought I had. I make it a habit not to swear, no matter who's company I'm in: kids, nuns, coworkers, sailors, whoever. This is the first forum I've ever been involved in that tolerates any degree of offensive language. I'm not in charge here. The powers that be have made it clear to me what language will and will not be tolerated. It's their forum, and it's their right. The last point I'll make on the subject is that I don't believe that alcohol has to mean swearing. For me, this topic is now closed.

I haven't seen any offensive language thus far. I second the thought that this is much more tame and almost "professional," if you will, forum than most forums I've read in the past (especially about cars, motorcycles, etc.). The great cloud-based brew tools, recipe generation (and auto recipe order feature with HomeBrewSupply.com which is way cool) and record keeping, interesting banter, and a real source for help and getting brewing questions asked makes this forum fun. I guess is what I'm saying is I like it here. If swear words offend watch out for 90% of the interwebs - then again I am a former US Marine where swear words are as natural as breathing (*not easy to offend and thus read right past them without note).

Not that you wanted it but my $0.02.

Back