First crack at this

All sounds like a hell of a time:) biggest fish for me were an 432 lb hammer head and 116 lb mako ,when i was much younger i was a mate on shark and tuna boats , maybe when I retire lol I can go on some adventure fishing trips . Got a few years for that :p hey maybe I can get my baby girl into it :rolleyes: my wife not a fan of anything that swims :(

lol no salt up here, I'm in the middle of the land masses now, but it is a challenge catching big fish on 10 to 12 pound test line, i've been floored many times how I can wear a big fish out with patients just to loose it at the surface with one roll over snap...my net broke once from the weight lol

lol no salt up here, I'm in the middle of the land masses now, but it is a challenge catching big fish on 10 to 12 pound test line, i've been floored many times how I can wear a big fish out with patients just to loose it at the surface with one roll over snap...my net broke once from the weight lol
Haha I hear ya yeah on the big boats they rig heavy .. When I went out on my boat we went for sport, used to string 4*8 sheets of plywood the night before ,get drunk wake up early catch em hiding in the shadows with surf casting poles and surface plugs 90lb plus tuna would take some time lol empty a reel in about 20 seconds.. Since im land locked now fresh water it's gonna be for a while

Ive been engine trolling this year, 10 ft deep lure, the lowest rpm you can go in your boat, cast about 30 ft behind the boat, keep an eye on the depth finder for 12 to 15 ft water, put your feet up a relax.....I always bring in 5 to 10 10" to 15" fish an outing

Reactions: GPA
This ain't the fishing channel!! :p

Reactions: GPA
Ive been engine trolling this year, 10 ft deep lure, the lowest rpm you can go in your boat, cast about 30 ft behind the boat, keep an eye on the depth finder for 12 to 15 ft water, put your feet up a relax.....I always bring in 5 to 10 10" to 15" fish an outing
Ahh there ya go relaxing that's the key!!!

They have a saying in Darwin if the crocks don't get you the Sharks will and if not the Sharks the gelly fish.

They have a saying in Darwin if the crocks don't get you the Sharks will and if not the Sharks the gelly fish.
Yeah you're Everglades to the west ocean to the east kinda caught between a rock and a hard place :p

The worst of the lot are the Drop bears
drop-bear-image.jpg

Ok in an effort to steer this thread back on course o_O I have been reading allot of your older posts and I found something that intrigues me ... Well a found alot that intrigues me but one thing I want to try right away , some split their batches into gallon trial brews , what kind of equipment do i use and at what stage of the process do I add these little concoctions ? IE different spices , i read about a french press being used, I do allot of cooking so interesting flavors peak my interest
Never know I may stumble across something.

Ok in an effort to steer this thread back on course o_O I have been reading allot of your older posts and I found something that intrigues me ... Well a found alot that intrigues me but one thing I want to try right away , some split their batches into gallon trial brews , what kind of equipment do i use and at what stage of the process do I add these little concoctions ? IE different spices , i read about a french press being used, I do allot of cooking so interesting flavors peak my interest
Never know I may stumble across something.
You'd really just need smaller fermenting buckets. I usually split a 5 gallon batch into 2 or 3 different boils. Do one as just the recipe for control. The other 2 I'd put whatever in to experiemnt.
You could get a French press or other fancy equipment, but if you have a decently equipped kitchen, you're probably all set

Thanks guys I think i can figure out , I think my wife can get some 2 gallon food grade bucket from work, bakery department,
Jmcnamara so i do each as a separate primary fermentation with different addition to each and one is like a control batch ?

Thanks guys I think i can figure out , I think my wife can get some 2 gallon food grade bucket from work, bakery department,
Jmcnamara so i do each as a separate primary fermentation with different addition to each and one is like a control batch ?
Exactly. I usually split a vial of liquid yeast as evenly as I can across the buckets.
At least the first time, Id do a control batch. That way you know whats the beer flavor and what's the spice or herb flavor.
For that matter, I'd highly recommend doing this as a SMaSH beer so you can really isolate each ingredients contribution

Exactly. I usually split a vial of liquid yeast as evenly as I can across the buckets.
At least the first time, Id do a control batch. That way you know whats the beer flavor and what's the spice or herb flavor.
For that matter, I'd highly recommend doing this as a SMaSH beer so you can really isolate each ingredients contribution
Awesome thanks I have a few ideas brewing (pun intended) I think I'll get 1 or 2 more under my belt then I'll start playing around :cool:

Back