Proto summer ale.

BrewerRick

Premium Member
Reaction score
here is what i came up with using this app thing. gonna try it out

Brew Method: All Grain
Style Name: British Golden Ale
Boil Time: 60 min
Batch Size: 20.8 liters (fermentor volume)
Boil Size: 28.4 liters
Boil Gravity: 1.035
Efficiency: 70% (brew house)

STATS:
Original Gravity: 1.048
Final Gravity: 1.015
ABV (standard): 4.32%
IBU (tinseth): 26
SRM (morey): 4.93

FERMENTABLES:
1.9 kg - German - Pilsner (40.4%)
2.8 kg - American - Vienna (59.6%)

HOPS:
8 g - Centennial, Type: Pellet, AA: 11.8, Use: Boil for 60 min, IBU: 13.18
5.5 g - Centennial, Type: Pellet, AA: 11, Use: Aroma for 30 min, IBU: 6.49
5 g - Chinook, Type: Pellet, AA: 11.8, Use: Aroma for 30 min, IBU: 6.33
5 g - Centennial, Type: Pellet, AA: 11, Use: Aroma for 0 min
5 g - Chinook, Type: Pellet, AA: 11.8, Use: Aroma for 0 min
25 g - Amarillo, Type: Pellet, AA: 8.9, Use: Dry Hop for 7 days

MASH GUIDELINES:
1) Decoction, Temp: 65 C, Time: 90 min, Amount: 25 L
Starting Mash Thickness: 12 L/kg

Mmm tasty can I help :) what's ya yeasties? Us05. Do you spin up starters when using you 200lt system. You could probably use a standard 20lt batch then use that yeast for you big brew

I might be tempted to switch the percentages of Pilsner and Vienna and maybe try to finish just slightly more dry since the IBUs are relatively low, but it definitely looks good to me!! :)

Two of the most influential variables, yeast strain and fermentation temperatures, are missing so I can't make too much of a comment on the recipe but, given good selections of both, this should be a very drinkable beer! Given the hop amounts, I'm assuming this is a five-gallon (21 liter) batch?

Reactions: J A
I'm curious how you decoction mash on that big rig, do you boil in the mash tun in place or pull out in a separate kettle

I'm curious how you decoction mash on that big rig, do you boil in the mash tun in place or pull out in a separate kettle

This 200 Lt system is Pretty New for me i usual y brew on a 50L.

I have a chugger pump to transfer sparge etc. it's a bit of an advantage to work at the brewery most is available to play with and try out weird brews.

Two of the most influential variables, yeast strain and fermentation temperatures, are missing so I can't make too much of a comment on the recipe but, given good selections of both, this should be a very drinkable beer! Given the hop amounts, I'm assuming this is a five-gallon (21 liter) batch?

My bad been working on a new brew so mind is in another place.

I'm using basic 05 as it's cheaper to test. temp 19c

And yes, I'm doing a bunch of smash brews with the new hops that we got, centennial, motueka, Amarillo and a few others so I want to make it a bit balanced but light. In the 3.5% range. Here in Mexico the heat sucks so lighter beer is better but I'm a hop head but the bosses aren't lol

Here if it's not a Vienna lager most people don't know how to handle real flavor

Reactions: J A
yes you can get heat stroke easily in a day if not careful there Ive been there, I lived just north of the border for a few years

yes you can get heat stroke easily in a day if not careful there Ive been there, I lived just north of the border for a few years
I think that's why pilsners and lagers rule the roost down that way eh, or for me in Aus over that way :). Sounds like Aus . light easy drinking session beers mmmm hang on that's the world over in summer just Aus and Mexico spend a long time in these temps

My bad been working on a new brew so mind is in another place.

I'm using basic 05 as it's cheaper to test. temp 19c

And yes, I'm doing a bunch of smash brews with the new hops that we got, centennial, motueka, Amarillo and a few others so I want to make it a bit balanced but light. In the 3.5% range. Here in Mexico the heat sucks so lighter beer is better but I'm a hop head but the bosses aren't lol

Here if it's not a Vienna lager most people don't know how to handle real flavor

Sooo mr micro brewer what ya brewing ATM how'd your hibiscus brew go or ya still gearing up for that. I'm intrigued how that turns out. What ya gunna use a wheat beer base for that brew or Pilsn base?

Back