First crack at this

GPA

Trial Member
Reaction score
First try, due to limited equipment do I need to stick to the 2.5 gal boil or can I boil all 5 gallons at once , this is an extract kit ,
Please don't beat me up to bad lol

If you have the capacity, boil all 5 gallons, if you want. You'll want about 3-4" of empty pot, at least. I really used to have to control my boil when I had a smaller pot. It will foam up as the hot break develops.

If you have the capacity, boil all 5 gallons, if you want. You'll want about 3-4" of empty pot, at least. I really used to have to control my boil when I had a smaller pot. It will foam up as the hot break develops.
I have an 8 gallon kettle I did a 5 gallon test boil tonight to time the temperature points ,only have a kitchen stove that's when i re read the i

I have an 8 gallon kettle I did a 5 gallon test boil tonight to time the temperature points ,only have a kitchen stove that's when i re read the i
Oops read the instructions and it said 2.5

It's a 5 gallon extract kit , called Craft Beer Wheat big brew 2010

That's the same way I started. I did the 2 1/2 gallon boil many times. I used Brewer's Best kits. They say if you can do a full boil, there's no need for any recipe adjustments. So I started doing that.

Reactions: GPA
Thanks allot for the time and tips im going to go full boil see what happens..... One more quick question bittering hops pellets just drop them in ?

Drop them in! (Or bag them. Matter of preference. I don't bag any hops.)

Well brew day went ok however when I opened the case for my hydrometer it was broken... Pitching anyway hoping for the best .

You'll get beer. It was years before I cared about using a hydrometer.

Without a hydrometer? Give it 10 days. It'll be done. Or when you no longer see airlock activity for 2-3 days.

Just got an email from AIH sending a new hydrometer Free!!! A little plug for them prices seem reasonable... Customer service gets 5 stars today.

Quick question friends seem to be fermenting ok smell some sulfur odor should I be concerned , this is a wheat recipe Wyeast 1010 American Wheat was the yeast pack , extract kit

Back