Aseptox / One step in beer lines

Polux

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have read that aseptox (aka one step) is a cleaner that also has some sanitizing proprieties. My question is can I use that product to clean and sanitize my beer lines of my kegerator and also, is there any problems from leaving the aseptox in the beer lines while my other batch is ready to be transfered? I've cleaned it tonight and left it there for now, should I go rinse it off with water or let it dry instead?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
I use only One Step to clean/*sanitize* my kegs, lines and taps. I've been doing it that way for six months without a problem. When I run the One Step through the lines, I leave it there until I push it out with the new keg. With my narrow lines it's about half an ounce loss.

Reactions: J A
I use PBW for cleaning followed by One Step for everything that's pre-serving - fermenters, bottling buckets, kegs, bottles. Beer lines seem fine with a rinse and One Step.
For my counter-pressure bottle filler gun, I run PBW through it, rinse and use One Step just to be safe.

Any other thoughts about leaving the product in the beer line for a couple of week?

Hi,

I have read that aseptox (aka one step) is a cleaner that also has some sanitazing proprieties. My question is can I use that product to clean and sanitize my beer lines of my kegerator and also, is there any problems from leaving the aseptox in the beer lines while my other batch is ready to be transfered? I've cleaned it tonight and left it there for now, should I go rinse it off with water or let it dry instead?

Thank you :))
The first step in clean lines is clean kegs. Get or make a keg washer with a spray ball and clean the kegs for at least 20 minutes (I use PBW), preferably within a couple of days after they empty. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to do this with hand scrubbing. In any case, never let biological material dry on anything. Clean your lines often: at least once per month. Using a small hand pump, I perform an initial hot water rinse, I then use hot LLC from Five Star, and pump the cleaner for 5-10 minutes. I first disassemble the tap and the ball lock connector and put them in the LLC. I then rinse with hot water and reassemble. I use the silicone lines impregnated with silver. I never have had a problem with this line and keg cleaning regime. JB

Back