What are you doing with homebrew today?

I like the way you have positioned the regiment with front line soldiers and the officers in the rear.
I’m bummed that when we moved, I got rid of a whole case of longnecks (officers), due to what I perceived as limited space. Oh well, just need to buy some more craft beers packaged in officer attire.

I’m bummed that when we moved, I got rid of a whole case of longnecks (officers), due to what I perceived as limited space. Oh well, just need to buy some more craft beers packaged in officer attire.
I can relate - still regret getting rid some of my equipment including quality bottles for the very same reason last time I moved home.

Brewed a wheat beer
60/40 wheat/pils
Cascade & hallertau blanc
With lemon grass, lemon peel and kaffir lime leaves.
It's in the fermenter inside a cooler box with a little kveik Voss sprinkled on it.

Darker than expected. I think my weevilly wheat (it now lives in the freezer) is getting a bit old

Many tasks today. First, transferred both the Oatmeal Stout and the Apple Cherry Cider. Then cleaned tubing, kegs, and fermenters..
20230312_114626.jpg

Alright so I added gelatin. I couldn’t get the syringe to squirt into the keg so I popped the lid and poured in. Oh well. We’ll see. So pics not warranted.

Very little space in the keg plus I purged. Should be good.

I will be squirting some gelatin into my allrounder later this week, I will put up a few pictures of how I did it. @Josh Hughes did you pull the relief valve on the keg before trying to squirt the gelatin in?

I will be squirting some gelatin into my allrounder later this week, I will put up a few pictures of how I did it. @Josh Hughes did you pull the relief valve on the keg before trying to squirt the gelatin in?
Well shit… I forgot physics :mad:
Next batch I’ll do that

Well shit… I forgot physics :mad:
Next batch I’ll do that
Doh!
The first time I tried this I thought it would be clever to take the pin and spring out of the ball lock connector. Couldn't get it to work, the pin opens the valve in the keg post dum dum!

I'm watching the airlock of my batch Voss wheat :)
Still bubbling this morning, but then I only brewed it yesterday.
I used just a little yeast for a 9 litre batch, maybe 1-2 gr and she was active within 6 hours!
I pitched VOSS Saturday at noon, by 3PM it was going nutso!

I pitched VOSS Saturday at noon, by 3PM it was going nutso!
How much do you pitch?
Mine is a severe underpitch.
Not too sure how quick the fermentation started as I didn't keep an eye on it.
And fermentation was severely reduced within 22 hours.
It's such a strange yeast :p

Back