Monthly happy hour

If you are able to start the meeting a couple hours earlier that would allow some people who can't stay up that late to talk to some other people that can't stay up that late, while not affecting us here in North America
Like 4 or 5?

I know later this spring one will be at 10am New York time so Zambezi Special can give us the tour.

I adjusted an hour earlier the other day. I can open it up another hour earlier at 4 EST? I’ll not be in that early most likely so don’t leave until I get to say hello :)

That's 11 pm here if google advices me correct ;)
Should just be able to make that (if internet cooperates)

So if I get a chance to join at 6:30 ish EST, 1/2 the audience will be 1/2 in the bag?

I'd like to think that we can become a more global community by extending the hours. Join in when you can and enjoy the time spent with whomever may be there at that time. Maybe we could also look into BF coming to the table to establish a zoom account and have it open even longer to include all of the contienents in their prime times!

Hmm. An official monthly meeting -online - running maybe six or more hours. Drop in for an hour or two as time allows. Pushes the envelope of what an online brewing forum might be.

Hmm. An official monthly meeting -online - running maybe six or more hours. Drop in for an hour or two as time allows. Pushes the envelope of what an online brewing forum might be.
I'd like to think that we can become a more global community by extending the hours. Join in when you can and enjoy the time spent with whomever may be there at that time. Maybe we could also look into BF coming to the table to establish a zoom account and have it open even longer to include all of the contienents in their prime times!
I can open it whenever. Just don’t want to miss seeing you all.

I like your idea Craig, but I think there should be a bit of a time limitation as otherwise you (more likely me) will end up being the only one there.
And I don't need zoom to have conversations with myself ;)

Maybe we need a head count/poll. Craig could you tag the users that you're hoping to include in the expanded hours? If there's enough support for it then it makes sense. But if it results in 6 people showing up at different times over 6 hours, then it seems less helpful for a "happy hour" hangout between members.

I think you/we should just find a time / same day every month.

I used to wake up end of month on Sunday and stumble online onto Brewersfriend then realise oh it's the zoom call day.

Or I remember Josh would tell me to get my act together and jump on the zoom call lol:D.

The last 2 zooms I've missed more because I didn't do the homework to find out when it would be my time But alos because the set time and day changed
Set the time set the day and I'm sure people will make the call to log on or not:).

Just my 2c

Last edited:
How would 19 or 20 GMT start be for everyone?
I tried to look at most people's time zone and its tricky to find a time that suits all.
20.00 gmt is
20.00 for alan harper
22.00 for me
06.00 for Ben
12.00 - 15.00 for the USA

That’s 15:00 (3pm) NY time to start it. I’m ok with turning it on then. May not be on at first though. That’s early for Ben but it usually goes for 2-3 hours anyway.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

Back