Brewing with Ceoliac Disease

Found this a while ago. Maybe something to try? I keep meaning to, but just haven't done it yet
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/galangal-beer.84841/#post-1550176
Yeah that looks good.

Actually I'm thinking of using my cold pressed juicer to get the juice out.
I tell ya I've been adding some ginger to some orange apple carrot juice and man it really packs a punch!
That's when I got the aha! Moment and thought hey maybe this cold pressed juice added as a dry hop will add that big punch of ginger I'm looking for in my ninger :).

Also I'm thinking maybe of adding some treacle or molasses to keep some residual sugars around for body.
Another one I really wanna try is some maltodextrin.

Yeah that looks good.

Actually I'm thinking of using my cold pressed juicer to get the juice out.
I tell ya I've been adding some ginger to some orange apple carrot juice and man it really packs a punch!
That's when I got the aha! Moment and thought hey maybe this cold pressed juice added as a dry hop will add that big punch of ginger I'm looking for in my ninger :).

Also I'm thinking maybe of adding some treacle or molasses to keep some residual sugars around for body.
Another one I really wanna try is some maltodextrin.
Some people have some gastric issues with maltodextrin so be aware of that when using it

Some people have some gastric issues with maltodextrin so be aware of that when using it
Oh man I don't need no more if that:p.

Probably to unfermentables causing digestive issues I've got plenty of those OK I'll hold off on that 5kg order :p

Oh on usage rates I'm seeing 250g as a common amount some saying don't use too much.

The wife used 200g in her last double IPA (if it had been a 20 litre batch). There was a lot of body in that beer, but there were plenty of other things in the recipe that could have done that, so no idea how much the maltodextrin added.

Ben
If it has been mentioned before, or if you are already aware of this resource, forgive me, but I happened across this and thought of you...
Screenshot_20230201-230317_YouTube.jpg

Found this a while ago. Maybe something to try? I keep meaning to, but just haven't done it yet
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/galangal-beer.84841/#post-1550176
Thanks for the link Zambezi it lead me down a rabbit hole and here is what I found a link within a link :p.

https://matesratehomebrewsupplies.com.au/product/novozymes-ondea-pro-a-multi-enzyme-blend/

This Ondea pro looks to be made locally here in Australia and it provides an array of different enzymes perfect for getting more out of barley mashes and Gluten free mashes and it's cheaper than the other enzymes I've seen on the net!

Maybe this in conjunction with Gluco Amylase might = great conversions and the ability for me to start using unmalted rice and such in my GF mash sweet!

600g ish of millet I've half successfully malted
20230213_054240.jpg

This stuff is so fine and heats up heaps quick and I've found it can start fermenting on me if I don't keep an eye on moisture levels.

This was a 2 days ago im drying in the sun now.
I rekon 50% sprouted but it didn't go rancid on me yay.

Exciting stuff I've got my current crop of Cascade almost ready to pic so maybe thus buckwheat millet rice syrup beer might be a wet hop brew:)!

I'll flick a pic of the bine later.

20230215_205141.jpg

2kg buckwheat and 742g millet
Gotta get the shoots off the buckwheat yet that is a pain in the arse.
They have a bitter taste to them and arnt good in beer.

This means i have to sive them all to remove the shoots thinking of making a hopper and get my blower to blow across to act as a winnow type thing.
But that will be down the track.

Back