Brewing with Ceoliac Disease

I love that article Zambezi especially Scott's cool keg picup diptube inserted inside a stainless hop canister.

He sure looks outside the box!
Instead of hopping in the canister he puts the diptube in the canister and dry hops freely Fing Awesome I'm gunna copy this one day instead of bagging all my hops.

Yeah so millet has a very high geletanisation temperature 75c-78c that's like mash out temps usually.
It's got a average higher protine content
Lower soluble nitrogen
And attenuation potential
High in glucose sugar so sugars extracted ferment quickly and thin the mouthfeel.

Lol anyhow I can use it.

How perfect is barley for brewing with eh;)!

I'm gunna do a bit of research into that enzyme mix I got and will probably bring my whole mash up to near boiling to geletanise everything then cool it all down to the Enzymes operating temperature and then just keep it there either for a good 2 hours of just leave it overnight and attack the boil tomorrow.

Wish me luck :D.

So I'm learning more on brewing enzymes and using them for Gluten free mashing.

This site is pretty cool I thought maybe other brewers on here might like to take a look at their broad array of enzymes for beer brewing.

The Ceremex Flex is pretty cool this enzymes is able to geletanise 100% raw cereal grains and liquefy them ready for Amylase enzymes without cereal cooking.
Meaning you can mash much like a Standard barley mash.
Would save a ton on electricity as well in a commercial brew house.

The Termamyl stuff is what I need to use in conjunction to Ondea Pro to get the full benefits out of adjuncts like rice and corn.

The Termamyl is high temperature stable Amylase Enzymes able to withstand mash temp above the usual enzyme killing range of 75c so purported 85+ centegrade stable wow!

anyhow very cool brewing applications only some of them available to me as a homebrewer

https://biosolutions.novozymes.com/en/food-beverages/brewing/cereal-cooking

Lernt a good lesson on my last malting.
2kg of buckwheat.
Everything went perfect but I timed the malting wrong and by the time the malt was ready to dry I didn't have the capacity to quickly dry the buckwheat not 2kgs worth.

It grew big clumpy patches of white fluffy fungus through it so the chooks got a buckwheat bonanza '

I've realised if I wanna malt larger amounts I gotta start the malting process mid week so the drying/killing phase is over the weekend when my mobile solar dehydrator is available and not going anywhere :p!

This is this mornings second soak the buckies are sprouting
20230310_061750.jpg

This should be mostly all sprouted by sat morn 24hrs time then into the van spread thin on some baking pans she'll go.

Another mistake I made last malting was I didn't kiln the malt enough it was still pretty raw the taste has transferred into the wet hip beer I did it's too milky looking so that was another big lesson malted but UN kilned grain sux!

Fired up the mobile Solar dehydrator View attachment 24536
Cloudy rainy looking day so will see how it is at the end of the day.

I'll probably finish this in the oven 180c
I wonder if a tiny fan to move the air a bit would speed the drying. On the mains, not the van battery - we want it to still start up Monday...

Only if you keep the windows slightly open.
But then you should have your natural ventilation in play already.

And I really really love the term: mobile solar dehydrator :p:p:p

Cheers
I wonder if a tiny fan to move the air a bit would speed the drying. On the mains, not the van battery - we want it to still start up Monday...
It's a short term fix until I build something more long term something like up earlier in this thread.

Wet hop Buckwheat/millet/rice malt syrup beer with 300g of maltodextrin
20230312_160245.jpg

Hazy as F tastes like raw grainy buckwheat tiny bit of hop aroma but mostly buckwheat grain aroma maybe even some corn type aroma.

Yeah big lesson learnt even though I dried the grains I gotta kiln them to get some flavour out of them.

The head is good it reduces to a persistent film and you can rouse it back so I'm happy with this.

Back to the drawing board I can do much better than this:)

Looks kinda like a wheat beer o_O

Yeah man been checking that one out gotta put a plan in motion soon so I can get more consistent results.

Just cutting my teeth on the process so i can make a more informed decision on how to move forward :)
You go girl!

Stumbled upon this awesome GF podcast
https://spotify.link/vxLsnO1mbyb

Millet time:p so gluten free lol...:rolleyes:

Has got me inspired again to keep on pushing on

This poddy is a spot light on Two bays brewing (Mark Farrell put me onto them)
Their Australia's only GF tap house!
And as I found out they order their GF malt from America which takes months to get her along with quarantine hurdles ect

Anyhow if anyone is Lurking this thread thought it'd be a good link:).

Oh on the homefront

At a whim the other day I soaked some store bought brown rice I use for cooking.
Wellyawouldnt believe it it's actually sprouting a WTF moment for me!

I honestly didn't think you could malt that packaged rice from the store hmmm

Will post a pic tomorrow to show yas.

Back