What are you doing with homebrew today?

IMG_3588.jpg
I brewed my first beer in a year. Work has been hectic and I just didn't make time when I got home. So here is my single hop, "Cashmere Sweater". I sealed up the fermenter to carbonate under pressure, about 4-9psi and transferred to the keg under pressure through a Bouncer filter. We are pleased with the result.

View attachment 24000 I brewed my first beer in a year. Work has been hectic and I just didn't make time when I got home. So here is my single hop, "Cashmere Sweater". I sealed up the fermenter to carbonate under pressure, about 4-9psi and transferred to the keg under pressure through a Bouncer filter. We are pleased with the result.
Looks good!

View attachment 24000 I brewed my first beer in a year. Work has been hectic and I just didn't make time when I got home. So here is my single hop, "Cashmere Sweater". I sealed up the fermenter to carbonate under pressure, about 4-9psi and transferred to the keg under pressure through a Bouncer filter. We are pleased with the result.

I hope it tastes as good as it looks!

Dry hopped my Pride of London Porter with 1.5 oz Target pellets (in a bag). Did a speedy clean of lid and slightly gunked up quiet airlock (since day 4) whilst waiting for the well frothed test jar to settle. SG at 1.022 from OG of 1.052. Last time I made this which turned out excellent the corresponding figures at the same stage albeit in springtime rather than winter as it is now were 1.024 from 1.046. That start temperature was 19 degrees C. This was 21 as I always go slightly higher in colder weather. Plus it has the insulating wrapped around.
MyDSC2S1-016.jpg
MyDSC2S1-017.jpg

I added 1oz hops to that brew and it turned out slightly under expected ABV at 4.5% with the bitterness pushed back once it had matured. I am hoping to gradually learn a bit more about the balance in taste. Got plenty of wiggle room in future as this kit comes with a shade over 3oz pellets. I also used some for another Porter kit which did not come with hops and they worked fine if not even better. A couple of years ago I wouldn't have dared try anything like that.

Airlock has started bubbling again straight away. I can relax a bit now and plan to come back to it on Day 10. I would settle for 5% but I think it could be slightly higher.

20230131_120828.jpg

Transferring my Bunyip into a keg. This will probably be the last time I drop hops straight into the fermenter without a sack.
Keeps plugging the outlet. I had to put a scale under the keg so I can tell when the beer is moving.

I checked my new brew (sort of de koninck) and it's bubbling away in the blow off tube.
Pipe was a bit too thin for the stopper, but it looks like I made it work.
I got a bit over 10.5 ltr in the 12 litre speidel, so didn't trust the airlock.

Carbonation of bunjippy is going well

Not much headspace in that Bunyip! Shouldn't be an issue with US-05 though I would think
Using BRY-97, with a little more headspace than @Megary the Krausen rose all the way into the base of my bubbler before I switched to a blowoff tube. It didn’t overflow, but it was that close. Speaking of which, I need to check gravity, and if close to FG (it should be after 15 days) get some dry hops in the fermenter.

View attachment 24055

Transferring my Bunyip into a keg. This will probably be the last time I drop hops straight into the fermenter without a sack.
Keeps plugging the outlet. I had to put a scale under the keg so I can tell when the beer is moving.
Oh nothing worse yeah I started bagging dry hops after some crappy transfers and ive not has much issues since touch wood.

View attachment 24055

Just for the Bunyip, and future brews that will be dry hopped, I bought an integrated strainer for my FerMonster. I hope to prevent that blocking during transfer, though I bottle directly from the fermenter. Hopefully, that same strainer might fit my Speidel fermenter, too.

Back