What are you drinking right now?

20230128_130940.jpg

BUCKWHEAT/CORN BEER

I'm drinking my suspected infected beer.
Not the best. Not horrible
Still wondering what happened to it...

Nice Ben, how does it taste?
Alright refreshing though and I love the cryo pop hops there is a maltiness to it.
It sorta mimics a beer with the hops and faint malt flavour so I'm happy with it.

The cloudiness I think is from unconverted starches.

image.jpg
Last bottle of dry cider, a pretty good drink using locally sourced apple juice, harvested yeast (from my own brew), and local honey for bottle conditioning.
There is still about a gallon and a half in the fermenter, so now I can refill these empty bottles and get that fermenter (my 12 liter Speidel) back in the beer rotation.

Best Bitter [4.5%]. Hop enhanced (powder added to the wort at start of fermentation) from the Tom Caxton extract kit range. Kegged 8th November (1Gal aluminium mini-keg).

I kegged two of these and would normally mature for a minimum three months but I want another keg free for my London Porter so had a choice to make. Need to stick to four-six months in future for this one especially as I used 50% more yeast - Munton's Gold - than usual this time around. It is clear, ready to drink and basically good beer but still has some way to go all round based on what I have produced previously of the same.

This is only the second mini-keg that I have opened which I have kegged myself. Foaming out the tap was insane fun off just three teaspoons primer, very slow dissipation, half an inch left at bottom of glass. TBH I am feeling a little disrespectful going in early like that :oops: but will learn from it and have another left as well as a plastic 2Gal.

MyDSC2S1-022.jpg

Back