Bread Thread!

image.jpg

Tonight’s bake, with PNW IPA sbg flour. Should have left it covered a little longer.

That was a store bought Gf crusty bread mix so unfortunately I don't know the mix of GF flours used @west1m.

I'll be baking some more GF bread from my own mix soon just wanted to try a kit mix first to get a handle on things.
Definitely way different to regular sourdough. No Gluten development in this dough the xanthan gum or Guar Gum do that and that stuff is sticky just like gum

A US company called Bob's Red Mill (he's not your uncle) makes a few different GF flours, we use the "one to one baking flour" in a recipe and the (sandwich-style) bread comes out pretty good. I suspect you can also get GF flour at the grocery, try them all and see which is best for what.

We use a different product from Italy called Fiori Glut to make our own pasta, comes out very good. But to be truthful we generally just buy GF pasta. Some brands are better than others.

you do realize that bread made from wheat is a no no with Ceoliac Disease
Yeah there would be no wheat in that GF bread mix it's from a reputable brand .
20230125_071147.jpg

This is the same company I used the self raising flour
Here is the ingredients for that
20230125_130454.jpg

Hmmm so rice corn and tapioca cool then I added some almond flour.

One thing I find with this GF stuff is it doesn't keep for long it starts drying out the next day.

Anyhow thanks for looking out for me man!

Last edited:
Yeah there would be no wheat in that GF bread mix it's from a reputable brand .
View attachment 23986
This is the same company I used the self raising flour
Here is the ingredients for thatView attachment 23985
Hmmm so rice corn and tapioca cool then I added some almond flour.

One thing I find with this GF stuff is it doesn't keep for long it starts drying out the next day.

Anyhow thanks for looking out for me man!
We freeze our bread after slicing it. After a day it does get 'tough' so we have to toast it every time. Otherwise it is dry and crumbly.

I have the same issues and no don't believe all that advertising, is all just very good marketing, avoidance is the best way to stay comfortable, there is no gimmick that will help
Sorry man, I thought you just misunderstood.

Back