What are you drinking right now?

Red lager. Color is spot on I'd say
20230123_192637.jpg

Aslin Brewing, Castle Hill - Imperial Stout
Aged in Bourbon Barrels and conditioned on coffee, blueberries, cacao nibs and coconut.

16.5%. Crazy delicious, but I’m starting to sweat. :)

View attachment 23954

is that a limited edition label or do they really want a hard pour for that stuff?

Lol...this has got to be the only place where being a smartass can make you
smarter! Why didn't that work in high school?
I don't know, but as a song I like says. "if wishes were ponies, we'd all get to ride"...LOL

On the plus side. after a few less tham stellar batches, the Shore Leave(Cali Common) is coming along nicely(needs 2-3 wweks of lagering) and the Olde Plough(ordinary bitter) is very good(if a bit under carbed).

is that a limited edition label or do they really want a hard pour for that stuff?
I believe this beer is a few years old and has since been "retired" by the brewery. As to the pour, I can't honestly say. I obviously didn't hard pour. Other than Hefes, I don't think I've ever done that.

Decided to try out another mini-keg. This 4.5% Bitter has 5 different hops in. No idea what varieties as the blend has taste of it's own. Not overly hoppy though, there is a subtlety about Nelson's. Quite an easy relaxing drink, really took my time over it. One for session drinkers to consider. Good but not lasting aftertaste. I got an extract kit of this from them as well. Defo another thumbs up for Woodforde's from me.

MyDSC2S1-019.jpg
MyDSC2S1-020.jpg

Back