Hello from California

Simonpyman

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am about to make brew #8 tomorrow morning. A rye Kolsch experiment brew as i really like how my last brew (Kolsch) came out and I like how rye tastes in beer.

Semi-new at brewing but loving my brewzilla 3.1.1 and looking forward to connect with others on here.

Hello!

I am about to make brew #8 tomorrow morning. A rye Kolsch experiment brew as i really like how my last brew (Kolsch) came out and I like how rye tastes in beer.

Semi-new at brewing but loving my brewzilla 3.1.1 and looking forward to connect with others on here.
Awesome stuff Simon glad to meet your acquaintance I hope you enjoy it here.

Good luck on the kolsch sure is a popular style on the forum here;).

Hello!

Welcome fellow Brewzilla user! It took several brews to dial it in but now I have it working well.

I think you and @Allen D need to compare kolsch notes. I dig me some Rye IPA and Rye porters but I'm trying to imagine a rye kolsch....is it highly hopped or does the rye come through for the bitter?

I think you and @Allen D need to compare kolsch notes. I dig me some Rye IPA and Rye porters but I'm trying to imagine a rye kolsch....is it highly hopped or does the rye come through for the bitter?

Its not highly hopped, my goal is for the rye to come through for the bitter/spice aroma and flavor. I only used 8% of my grain bill for rye so i am curious to see how much rye comes through. I read some people use up to 40% rye but i dont want it to be too rye intense.

Welcome from freezing Minnesota!

Rye Kolsch sounds interesting. Have you considered making it a rye Altbier? That might be a closer match to what the rye brings.

Back