Share Your Brew Tunes

CoFlyGuy

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been done yet, but one of the Grilling Forums I am on has a similar idea. We share our favorite songs we listen to while grilling. Some of them are food related and some are just our favorite tunes. Let me know what your favorite song is when you start a brew or just something that gets you in the mood for brewing. Even better are songs that directly deal with fermented beverages of your choice.

Let me start by sharing one of mine.

Waves of Grain by Timbuk3

I brew early Sunday mornings so I'll put on a chill mix that I made. The mix is over 8 hours long and growing with a ridiculous mix of styles: World, Rock, Blues, Bluegrass, Pop, Country, Jazz, Reggae, Soul, Standards, Alternative...you name it. But the songs are geared to just slow me down and allow me to relax and enjoy the brew day, no matter if I foul things up. I save the party music for drinking beer. :)

Last edited:
I brew early Sunday mornings so I'll put on a chill mix that I made. The mix is over 8 hours long and growing with a ridiculous mix of styles: World, Rock, Blues, Bluegrass, Pop, Country, Jazz, Reggae, Soul, Standards, Alternative...you name it. But the songs are geared to just slow me down and allow me to relax and enjoy the brew day, no matter if I foul things up. I save the party music for drinking beer. :)

I love working while reggae music plays. Back in my college days, I worked for a surfer friend of mine winding electric motors. We would work with his collection of reggae recordings playing, just a natural fit for me.
Now, while brewing, I like classic rock, reggae, jam bands (Grateful dead!), etc.

Last edited:
I should add, that's what I do unless I'm streaming my brewday. In that case I play a copyright-free playlist I found and I'm usually chatting and interacting with the audience

I just put on the local classic rock station. 97.1 i think.

I got a couple great college stations I tune into. I got the Catholics at Mount Saint Mary's 89.9 WMTB ...High on the Mountain....low on the dial....then do classic rock and Comms majors doing a show programming and the Lutherans out of Gettysburg doing more progressive ethereal...spacey stuff...and DJ Bott...who sounds a lot like the late Steven Hawkins

No tunes while I brew well I don't intentional put any one I know lame arse! I usually mash in and go and do something else come back check temps go do something else I don't hang around my kettle.
but if I'm building something or doing work around the house it's Spotify jack Johnson Paul Kelly busby Marou sometimes some what his name Otis redding I love some chilled vibes so reggae yup tick.

Last edited:
I usually have whatever Sophie is watching haha. I pretty much brew while life is happening. If I have headphones in I have a playlist of 80s rock going. Last time I brewed without anyone here I watched one of the Lord of the rings movies @jmcnamara
I have a massive 80s Spotify list that I made. It works very well for brewing.

I usually listen to the Experimental Brewing podcast, and others, while I brew. Listening about brewing beer while I'm brewing beer just seems like a natural.

I got a couple great college stations I tune into. I got the Catholics at Mount Saint Mary's 89.9 WMTB ...High on the Mountain....low on the dial....then do classic rock and Comms majors doing a show programming and the Lutherans out of Gettysburg doing more progressive ethereal...spacey stuff...and DJ Bott...who sounds a lot like the late Steven Hawkins
I have 2 local college stations, one of which is the local NPR affiliate (KLCC, from Lane Community College) and plays interesting music during the evenings. The other is broadcast out of University of Oregon, and is free form radio. There is a third public station (KRVM, commercial free) that plays some of the best and most varied music one could imagine. I sometimes tune into my favorite from SoCal, another NPR affiliate broadcast from Santa Monica College, KCRW. So there is a wealth of good music to be had via streaming.

Over the years, Minnesota Public Radio has bought up most of the non-commercial FM licenses in the state, and several in neighboring states. They have created a sizable network in the region and you can travel around the state and find an MPR affiliate anywhere. Much as I love public radio, I miss those quirky student-run radio stations where anything goes. Those of you that have those campus stations are fortunate.

I have over 2000 CDs and thousands of mp3 files, so I'm not hurting for selections. To make them available around the house I bought one of those "whole house" FM transmitters and connected it to my audio system. I set it to an empty channel and it puts out a stereo signal about 300' or so, just within the FCC limits. If I'm in the garage or outside, I just turn on a radio. I might set up a playlist, or just run a bunch in shuffle play. I don't have to mess with it while I'm busy brewing.

It's old-school, but it works for me. I've toyed with a few streaming services, but the tinny speaker on my phone, plus the fact that running that sucks down the battery makes it not so optimal. However, streaming is great on my desktop when I'm WFH.

Minnesota Public Radio has bought up most of the non-commercial FM licenses in the state, and several in neighboring states. They have created a sizable network in the region and you can travel around the state and find an MPR affiliate anywhere. Much as I love public radio, I miss those quirky student-run radio stations where anything goes. Those of you that have those campus stations are fortunate.

Yeah, here in Pennsylvania we're lucky with WXPN having done the same thing. You can get good music all across the state! On the other hand, tonight and thanks to whoever is spinning the tunes tonight over at The Mount, I've had The Carpenters ear worming their way through my head for the last 2 hours....

Back