What are you doing with homebrew today?

I actually carefully drilled the inside first and then dug out the insulation to make sure it was clear.
Still a bit scary though!
So I've got my co2 gas bottle inside my keezer atm but am thinking about mounting it outside in the near future and you give me hope that I can go through the back.
My high pressure guage is playing up and I think that's to do with moisture build up from regulator sitting inside keezer compartment...

I can either go up through the freezer lid which will move when I open the keezer lid to change kegs or swap lines / fetch yeast jars.
Or I can go through the back which will be more of a fixed line but risk hitting a freezer line.
Both have positives and negatives...

I want to run some in line pressure regulators with duotight fittings kegland have got going and do away with my 4 way gas manifold.
This way I can set sepperate pressures depending upon what I'm serving

So I've got my co2 gas bottle inside my keezer atm but am thinking about mounting it outside in the near future and you give me hope that I can go through the back.
My high pressure guage is playing up and I think that's to do with moisture build up from regulator sitting inside keezer compartment...

I can either go up through the freezer lid which will move when I open the keezer lid to change kegs or swap lines / fetch yeast jars.
Or I can go through the back which will be more of a fixed line but risk hitting a freezer line.
Both have positives and negatives...

I want to run some in line pressure regulators with duotight fittings kegland have got going and do away with my 4 way gas manifold.
This way I can set sepperate pressures depending upon what I'm serving
I went through the collar when I had a keezer.
I'd be very careful as my chest freezer had lines in all the walls.
One mistake and the freezer is junk.
Good luck Ben

I went through the collar when I had a keezer.
I'd be very careful as my chest freezer had lines in all the walls.
One mistake and the freezer is junk.
Good luck Ben
Yeah no collar here I've installed a tower or font on my keezer so maybe lid it is.
Cheers

I am cold crashing my cream ale......and watching my mango milkshake ferment.....had a good krausen on top
WechatIMG368.jpeg

Getting my kettle out and boiling some water to run through the spigot. I always clean right away and sanitize after brewing but still clean again before I brew. I changed my mind on what fermenter I’m using so I am going to run my fermentation keg through the keg washer. Got my grain and water ready. I’ll get brewing when I get up in the morning. Like to have the yeast pitched by 5 pm tomorrow for the zoom.

I actually carefully drilled the inside first and then dug out the insulation to make sure it was clear.
Still a bit scary though!
...and there's nothing in the sides, is there?

Freezers are different, but fridges built in the last 30 years generally don't have anything in the sides or door. Costs too much for no benefit.

Kegged the Josh Bitter, very disappointed in the attenuation (043 to 024, 2.7% abv) but the uncarbonated flavor is spot on, that malty beery mild bitternesss that typifies many. British beers. Kind of like a Boddington's. Nice color but very slightly hazy, despite a 2-day cold crash.

Put it on 40 psi to get a little co2 in there for the zoom meeting tonight.

Boiling my mild.
Boddingtons is a close approximation, at least when compared to others, for my typical bitter. odd on attenuation, what yeast did you use?

...and there's nothing in the sides, is there?

Freezers are different, but fridges built in the last 30 years generally don't have anything in the sides or door. Costs too much for no benefit.

Kegged the Josh Bitter, very disappointed in the attenuation (043 to 024, 2.7% abv) but the uncarbonated flavor is spot on, that malty beery mild bitternesss that typifies many. British beers. Kind of like a Boddington's. Nice color but very slightly hazy, despite a 2-day cold crash.

Put it on 40 psi to get a little co2 in there for the zoom meeting tonight.

found nothing in the side, but still went about it carefully as I didn't want to take a chance.

Transferring Limey Bastard to the serving keg. I'm pleased with the clarity in the transfer line. My goal was an amber pseudo-lager. I don't think it will get bright enough for that by the time it's drank, but getting it off the yeast cake will help. Especially for the 6 hour car ride this keg's about to go on :D a 2.5 gallon keg would be perfect but alas I don't have one
20220626_164412.jpg

Transferring Limey Bastard to the serving keg. I'm pleased with the clarity in the transfer line. My goal was an amber pseudo-lager. I don't think it will get bright enough for that by the time it's drank, but getting it off the yeast cake will help. Especially for the 6 hour car ride this keg's about to go on :D a 2.5 gallon keg would be perfect but alas I don't have one
View attachment 21253
Fingers crossed.

Back